*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

fuel sender unit

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

fuel sender unit

Postby paul255 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Evening.I have a problem with the fuel sender not working correctly after the level drops below half way.Sometimes it won.t register at all and other times it will suddenly drop to zero.whats it like to change the sender or could it be something else?
paul255
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: fuel sender unit

Postby McNarked » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:53 pm

Ive not got much experience mechanically, but i had a similar issue which i left until i got stuck in the middle of know where as it was reading empty when it was full.

Its easy enough to do. it was the arm with the paddle on it i replaced.

Without going in to too much detail this is what i did, Pumped out the fuel, did this with a small 12v pump, (only did this as it was a full tank). Drop the tank down a touch with jack and some wood. disconnect the hoses. lower it the rest of the way, slid it out from under van, then its quite self explanatory after that undo the ring, take the whole unit out, replace armbit as it was. and reverse.

I would recommend you do it yourself if your going to.
64 Mk8 Transit RWD 2.2
McNarked
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: fuel sender unit

Postby paul255 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Thanks for reply.Interesting that you got stuck with a full tank as this has just happened to me last night,tank reads empty although I know its half full and van won,t start.
paul255
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits