*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wiring corrosion!!!!

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Wiring corrosion!!!!

Postby Andyb74 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:43 am

Hi All, after a little help.
I have a 68 plate luton 2.0 fed, in the last six months I have had the following.
Injector corrosion all four replaced under warranty, then 6 weeks later engine failed replaced under warranty, then error saying fuel filter blocked service due then another two weeks later hill assist light on, add blue malfunction and dpf overload all at the same time, sent van back to main dealer, found that the pcm and engine wiring loom has corrosion. Ford refusing the warranty as the van has just gone over 100,000 mile but still under 3 years.
After looking at the pcm / loom plug the green seal in the plug is broken and this has let the water in. Ford dealer said that this plug was not touched previously and this must have happened at build stage...so my question is..could the long term leaking caused the initial problems that have incountered????? Thanks for reading
Andyb74

Re: Wiring corrosion!!!!

Postby conrod » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:57 pm

I would argue that. Even though the van has just gone over 100 000 miles clearly the corrosion had started much earlier and manifested itself, it is not like one of those faults that just "happens" such as a broken engine or gearbox! Check the wording on the corrosion warranty, that is usually for 5 years or so- does it apply only to body panels or everything? I don't think the wiring corrosion would have been the cause of the injector fault (which is common as I understand) or the engine failure, which is not so common, but is possibly related to the injector failure. Keep digging, it sounds like you have had a lot of problems, and that wiring issue was probably just an assembly fault as you have mentioned.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits