*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Bolt Corrosion Recall

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Ford Bolt Corrosion Recall

Postby ChallengeAdventures » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi all, I have just booked my 2021 AWD L3H3 in for its first service. Booked for 1st week of December when it should be reaching 25k.
I was told it also has a recall for untreated bolt corrosion. Told this will take an hour to sort on top of the service time of 2 hours.

Anyone had this recall done or know which bolts or parts are being treated or replaced?

Did see one article online about US/Canadian vans having the mirror pivot bolt swapped to prevent corrosion from road salt but can't find any info on UK recall.

Recall code is 21P12

Thanks
ChallengeAdventures
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Ford Bolt Corrosion Recall

Postby mcbutler » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:49 pm

2014 Mk 8 Jumbo 350 2.2 RWD single rear wheels
mcbutler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ChallengeAdventures » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:46 pm

mcbutler wrote:https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

That's only safety recalls!

I am also already aware there is a recall as I was told it and can see it on Ford Etis, I was asking about details on which bolts it was.
ChallengeAdventures
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Frag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:49 am

If you open the sliding door,look at the bolts holding the alignment pins and buffers to the frame,it’s those.
Basically most of the boots you can see around the perimeter of door opening,they don’t have the right (or any) coating on so if rusty will be replaced.
If you have a vehicle with the rear heater / A/C factory fitted,it also involves the bolts under vehicle securing the pipes for coolant and aircon,to the rear unit.
Frag
Ford Technician

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits