*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ABS U2101 control module cofiguration incompatible

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

ABS U2101 control module cofiguration incompatible

Postby annemt » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Hi All my husbands van has just had a new alternator , and now getting above fault code it also flashes up on dash service now any help would be very much appreciated thanks Anne. oh and it goes into limp mode but only under acceleration Transit mk 8 2.0
annemt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ABS U2101 control module cofiguration incompatible

Postby p2thed » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:15 am

Was it a Ford alternator or aftermarket.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby annemt » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:00 pm

Its aftermarket thanks Anne
annemt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby p2thed » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:31 pm

I have had issues on a few vans were after fitting after- market alternators for customersthey have caused issues. I now only fit Ford ones.If the alternator is installed and rated correctly for that van then it maybe the part itself. Do know why the original alternator was replaced.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby annemt » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:39 pm

p2thed wrote:I have had issues on a few vans were after fitting after- market alternators for customersthey have caused issues. I now only fit Ford ones.If the alternator is installed and rated correctly for that van then it maybe the part itself. Do know why the original alternator was replaced.

It stopped charging van Regards Anne do you know why it would affect Abs? as soon as you try to put your foot down it flashes up on dash service now goes into limp mode then acts normal and then you read codes and the dam code will not erase
annemt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby p2thed » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Is the abs light on ? The code will most likely be set due to improper shut down due to low or incorrect voltage. Am i right in saying that you had no issues other than a charging concern before the alternator was replaced?

Are any other codes present, have you checked all related abs fuses.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby annemt » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:58 pm

p2thed wrote:Is the abs light on ? The code will most likely be set due to improper shut down due to low or incorrect voltage. Am i right in saying that you had no issues other than a charging concern before the alternator was replaced?

Are any other codes present, have you checked all related abs fuses.
Hi no other codes and yes the van died due to no power from alternator everything else touch wood is working as normal, i used forscan to try and clear codes but it either doesnt do it or fault recurs, and there are no lights on just when you accelerate Regards Anne
annemt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby annemt » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:56 pm

Hi i eventually got rid of the abs code used forscan to relearn vehicle data ,took it for a drive code is gone
annemt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits