*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Bloody addblue system

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Bloody addblue system

Postby Vanman1 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:39 pm

Hi people's got a 16 plate minibus 2.2 rwd euro 6 got major issues with addblue..keeps saying service and hitting limp .had loads done including full strip of inlet and deep clean , new turbo , new filters ( genuine ford) and regeneration 4 times ...lasts about 3 weeks and does it again ..anyone managed to clean addblue pump or is it buy new ?
Vanman1

Re: Bloody addblue system

Postby chipper » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:56 pm

Hi Vanman1
Cant help you with yours I'm afraid

I took delivery of a mk8 2L eco blue 185 bhp L2h2 in 1st sept 2021

Had adblue malfunction come up after 1800 miles (10th November) also electrical wiring problem with adblue system, it seemed to be intermittent

took to the dealers had the van for 3 days checked all of the wiring loom on adblue system and decided to change the adblue tank,
sorted,
well i thought so, week before Christmas fault came back again,

now waiting for two new wiring looms to arrive at dealership from Germany, van got to go back in for two days when they arrive

the technician was great and explained that it had a problem since new he thought, as system originally flagged up at 900 miles

I'm hoping this will fix it

now going in on the 13th Jan
chipper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Bloody addblue system

Postby p2thed » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:05 am

Vanman1 wrote:Hi people's got a 16 plate minibus 2.2 rwd euro 6 got major issues with addblue..keeps saying service and hitting limp .had loads done including full strip of inlet and deep clean , new turbo , new filters ( genuine ford) and regeneration 4 times ...lasts about 3 weeks and does it again ..anyone managed to clean addblue pump or is it buy new ?

What are the fault codes when the fault occurs.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits