*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Varying mpg between fill ups.

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Varying mpg between fill ups.

Postby Yadmit » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi all
I’m wondering if someone would shine some light on my issue please.
I’ve a 2016 125 Mk8 2.2 rwd dropside, recon engine 3k ago, pistons injectors bearings clutch flywheel etc, seemed pretty slow and gutless and hit limp mode twice in first 3 weeks of owning it, the guy I bought it from says he drilled and deleted the dpf last time and replaced the turbo for a third time and reseated the injectors and it’s performing a bit better now but it still seems gutless to me. The last tank full returned 380mile all stop starting around town, the previous tank full returned 260 mile 100 motorway and 160 around town.
It starts and runs like a watch, no smoke misfire or fluctuating tick over, it’s sweet, but I feel something is up with it, I’ve just filled up again and it seems slower again and is getting through the fuel sooner it seems.
I have also changed the fuel and air filters after buying it as they were both filthy.
I think the diff is a 3:15 by vin check but the vin card says 3:56 unless I’m reading it wrong.
Yadmit

Re: Varying mpg between fill ups.

Postby JamesHow » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:25 pm

Sounds about right. I get 450 to a tank in my 2.2 125 minibus camper conversation.

I'd expect less with the dropside wind resistance.

Have you thought about chipping it?

I've chipped mine to 155 and it sounds and drove much better and I would think the economy might improve too.

Cheers James
JamesHow
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits