*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 Engine noise!

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

2014 Engine noise!

Postby Dub-jon » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:52 pm

Hi Guys,

Got a 2014 2.2 on 138k

I’ve only had it 2 weeks but there appears to be a engine noise and lack of power between 1500rpm and 2500rpm.
I took it to Fords to have a diagnostic and they told me it needed 4 injectors and 4 glow plugs. Other people said the same.

Had them changed but still the issue is there with the engine noise and lack of power.

If I was to floor it and take it through the rev range the van pulls very well but it just seams to be low revs and partial throttle is the issue.

With the glow plugs on a cold start there is a slight stall and a weird noise. I have now changed all the glow plugs and the relay as well but still this is the case.

Any1 have any suggestions?

Video link below.

Jon
https://youtube.com/shorts/S_GkjzTV23o?feature=share
Dub-jon

Re: 2014 Engine noise!

Postby Joegrey » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:24 pm

Could this just be diesel knock you are hearing?

The MK8 transit injects more fuel when the engine is cold below 2000 or so rpms until the engine is upto temp.
The noise will go away if you rev over the 2000 rpms as the ecu controls the amount of fuel going in.
The noise is a bit of a clacky sound...my 2014 MK8 jumbo does it, but as soon as it shows unto temp on the temp gauge...it's gone.

I imagine that this is actually controlled via the water temp sensor.
Joegrey

Re: 2014 Engine noise!

Postby Digahole78 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:09 am

Joegrey wrote:Could this just be diesel knock you are hearing?

The MK8 transit injects more fuel when the engine is cold below 2000 or so rpms until the engine is upto temp.
The noise will go away if you rev over the 2000 rpms as the ecu controls the amount of fuel going in.
The noise is a bit of a clacky sound...my 2014 MK8 jumbo does it, but as soon as it shows unto temp on the temp gauge...it's gone.

I imagine that this is actually controlled via the water temp sensor.

Thank you for this explanation. Was quite concerned about cold morning engine sound prior to reading this.
Digahole78
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits