*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MAPPED BACK TO STANDARD QUESTION AFTER DPF/EGR DELETE

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

MAPPED BACK TO STANDARD QUESTION AFTER DPF/EGR DELETE

Postby carlburt78 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:51 pm

Recently had my DPF and EGR deleted but had it put back to factory because I was breathing in all the fumes that somehow were entering the cab which I put down to the short exhaust on my van , the guy also mapped my engine which I asked him not to do so was unhappy with that ! My question is this , after reinstalling the DPF and EGR to the ECU should he have reset all the values? He performed a static regen on the dpf to check everything was working but didn't reset the values ( the DPF wasnt new but also wasn't blocked , it was the one off my van) I am asking as my van has been excessively regening since he put them back , it literally started happening the day it was put back to " standard" would it hurt if I reset the values myself ? If I got the soot level as low as possible first?

All regens complete but its becoming a right pain in the rear having to leave the area I'm delivering in to find an open road to blast out the DPF and costing me even more in fuel , thanks
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits