*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 2.2 Idle problem

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk8 2.2 Idle problem

Postby Mickpin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:01 pm

Hi all
I have a Idle problem . Very lumpy if I put foot on clutch the revs go up a little and run normally as soon as to take my foot off it’s back to being lumpy again. I’ve changed EGR
All help would be appreciated
Mickpin

Re: Mk8 2.2 Idle problem

Postby Sam123 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:50 am

Did you use a decent quality EGR valve, e.g., Pierburg? If you used an ebay special, I'd probably change again with a Pierburg part just to be sure (don't cost much more than £100).

Check/replace air and fuel filter.

Check air inlet hoses for leaks. When I bought mine it had a leak where the crankcase breather pipe joins to the inlet pipe, just after the airbox. Although that didn't seem to actually be causing any running problems.

Check engine mounts.

After the above, my guess would be injectors. I don't usually like blaming injectors, they seem to get unfairly blamed often presumably because they are a nice, reasonably contained and profitable job to replace. But in this case does sound like a probable candidate.

Dual mass flywheel failure is another possibility, but I'd probably consider that last.
Sam123
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Mk8 2.2 Idle problem

Postby Mickpin » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:10 pm

Thanks will have a look at them
Mickpin

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits