*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 trend stereo muting, no sound intermittently

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk8 trend stereo muting, no sound intermittently

Postby Mikkybgs » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:16 am

Hi,

Having an issue with the stereo in my mk8 trend. Radio, cd, aux, Bluetooth all working fine but after a few minutes of streaming from the phone podcast etc it will just stop producing sound. Then when I go to cd, radio etc none of them are giving out sound although they all look to be working on the screen eg. The cd is counting the seconds of the track so it's playing just no sound.

Turning it on/off using the volume control won't restart it. I have to turn off engine, open door and lock it. And even that won't work every time now. Sometimes it needs to be left for ages.

It's like the thing is muting itself.

I'm only having it happen when it's streaming podcasts or music at the moment, not when using the cd or radio, but that may just because I use them less. It happens randomly sometimes 2 mins into a drive, sometimes 10mins.

Considering pulling the sync fuse as that fixes other faults but it's not exactly the issue I'm having so I'm doubtful it'll work.

Anyone had this happen to them? Any help/advice/tips gratefully received.
Mikkybgs
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Mk8 trend stereo muting, no sound intermittently

Postby Blizz » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:11 am

In my '22 Transit I've got the Sync2.5 freezed a couple times when using CarPlay...

Someone gave me a way of resetting it with a combination of buttons, can't remember.
Blizz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits