*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

engine service now

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

engine service now

Postby Yorkshire1 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Hi, New member here
Im a pre common rail Hilux man as a rule but unfortunately and against better advice my son bought a 2015 Luton van 2.2 tdci rwd twin wheeler on 103,000 miles which he has had for just over a year now and not without a few annoying issues
However I would just like some advice on its current problems

Engine Service Now flashes up and apart from the odd journey or part way through a trip the vehicle wont then rev above about the usual issue of 2100 with power loss
On forscan the dtcs are PO672:00-2E PO674:00-2E and PO341;62-2E x2 glowplugs and a cam sensor vehicle always starts first turn of the key in current minus temps (thats if the starter isnt playing up assuming dmf debris contamination here either kicks out or fails to engage!)
Question 1) will all or some of the above codes cause the Engine service now and limp mode
Question 2) do the above codes indicate that those actual parts are faulty

Another issue is that it eats rear pads (good quality)
with the vehicle having hillstart assist the only thing I can think is that somehow the assist is activating itself somehow. When its on a hill and under normal circumstances you can feel the brakes release as they should, the vans been in to a garage but no fault can be found with the mechanical side / hoses and its had new calipers
many thanks for any input
Paul
Yorkshire1

Re: engine service now

Postby Frag » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:58 am

I’d ignore the glowplug codes for now,they aren’t causing the loss of power or message.
The cam sensor dtc will,if you think you have dmf issues,I’d remove the Crank position sensor and check it’s not covered in swarf/debris.Mark it’s position before removal,as they are adjustable for the air gap to flywheel pickup.

Cam and crank sensor work together,and when they’re both correct you get ‘sync’ which allows vehicle to start etc.
The sensors themselves very rarely (never) go wrong,only problems I’ve had are from physical damage,or non genuine aftermarket sensors,which have actually created an extra fault…. :?
So if you are going to replace the sensors,to rule them out,my advice is buy genuine.

I’ve seen the problem you describe on a van same spec,low mileage and well maintained.After all sensors checked and replaced and in depth wiring checks,the fault was a stretched timing chain…..
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Yorkshire1 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:39 pm

thanks for your reply Frag I shall have a look at the crank sensor
the reason i mentioned dmf is that with the starter also playing up at the moment and having researched it has been mentioned either rightly or wrongly that debris from the dmf could cause issues
Yorkshire1

Postby Yorkshire1 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:08 pm

havent as yet got round to checking crank sensor but had a look today when I was changing the fuel filter (certainly got more torque now!) but couldnt see any sensor round bottom half of bellhousing just searched site here and am I right in reading its behind downpipe must be quite high up
Yorkshire1

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits