*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

P0299 and oil leak!! RELATED??

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

P0299 and oil leak!! RELATED??

Postby ChubbyTrucker » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:09 pm

hi, new to the forum but have had my 64plate 2.2 custom for almost two years now, early last year i started getting the P0299 low boost fault. On checking things out discovered intercooler to be fine, no splits or holes in pipes, but turbo vanes were battered and there was alot of oil in that side of the turbo, so decided to replace the turbo, oil pipes and map, boost temp sensors for good measure. this still never cured things so got a new EGR and inlet manifold to try as on inspection of the old ones i found them to be seriously gummed up with carbon and the throttle body flap to be sticking too because of it. Cleaned the throttle body and built everything back up and for months the van ran great but usually she just does small runs round the doors and eventually the P0299 fault was back now and again.

Iv noticed that if I give it a good run out now and again that the fault dosen't appear for a good while but then after running round the doors eventually comes back. Just now she's running absolutley fantastic but on even a slight hill she dies easily in 6th.

I should mention that she's had the DPF gutted and both that and the EGR mapped out and supposedly given a 185bhp remap. this was all done before i purchased it. Originally its a 155bhp limited sport and definetly dosen't drive like it had an increase in power.

Yesterday whilst changing a faulty side light bulb I noticed alot of oil around the offside front of the engine and across the top of the alternator so whipped out the dipstick to find the oil half way down the gauge which for my van is very unusual as usually it never ever needs a top up between oil changes.

From the day iv had her she's always been quite dour to start, almost as if the battery's are flat before spluttering into life like it hadn't quite got enough fuel.

I know the battery's are spot on as they were both replaced not long ago and iv had them checked just incase to rule it out.

My Question is could i have an injector issue and could this be linked to my P0299 issue?

I'm thinking this as i know i had a spotless inlet, EGR, EGR cooler, throttle body etc but from inlet manifold towards the inards of the engine nowts been cleaned up and i amagine the injectors may be gummed up. I never use supermarket fuel and i do oil and filters twice a year even though i only cover approx 8000mls
ChubbyTrucker

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits