*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Where to download Wiring Diagrams?

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Where to download Wiring Diagrams?

Postby marcrbarker » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:10 pm

Hi I've now got a 18-plate Transit , £cheap because it keeps stopping and no one can repair it despite each previous owner spending £1000s.

Where do I download Wiring Diagrams / circuit schematics (engine management etc. ) ??

. I've been to www.faust.idp.ford.com = Ford affiliates only
. www.fordserviceinfo.com = they want £3,835.90 for online Technical Info
. Google search is just irrelavent = mostly fake forum postings saying they have exactly what I looking for but link to a page for harvesting credit card numbers

Thanks in advance to the hero who posts a good link :)
marcrbarker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Where to download Wiring Diagrams?

Postby noeljary » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:17 pm

Hi,

I got mine from here https://easymanuals.co.uk/product/ford- ... -download/

Which covers the pre-facelift models, for both the 2.2 and 2.0L engines. It's the combination of workshop manuals and wiring diagrams. I had some issues finding the right one, got in contact with them, they also made available a download for a virtual machine with the software they've extracted the workshop manuals from, but this didn't include the wiring diagrams.

If there's something specific you're looking for, drop me a message, might be able to send you a few relevant pages.

Regards

Noel
noeljary
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby marcrbarker » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:17 pm

I looked at the URL, I'd have to pay first then wade through it to see if has right wiring diagram. Price "£15", seems to me like it's only collated info scraped off websites.
Let me guess, you asked them for the right diagram then they responded with temporary access to gigabytes of un-indexed raw data that takes weeks to download .. and still no Wiring Diagram. :?
What I'm looking for specifically is for an 18-reg Transit, Wiring Diagrams of the engine management. The wire colours, pin numbers on the connectors in the engine bay. Minimum have the ECU and all the sensors.
marcrbarker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby noeljary » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:40 pm

Well that's some serious cynicism even by my standards...

I don't know every sensor and part in the engine that has an electrical connector, so I can't say if it's all there. The wiring diagrams have been invaluable to me, but I've been using it primarily for in cab wiring systems.

See my post history for an example of what you get.
noeljary
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby marcrbarker » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:45 pm

I looked at your post history and see wiring diagram segments (heated seats, fog lights, speakers, etc.). Yes, diagrams in that style is what I'm looking for. From wherever you got them from, but the ones in the engine compartment, likely to be 20+ images.

Yes I've become cynical about the way the Internet is going as Google Search is reaching all-time low. As I mentioned earlier is the way the top google search results for key information are full of webpages which depict a fake internet discussion forum thread of a conversation of someone looking for the key info and then saying "so relieved to find exactly what they're looking for after so many fake websites" and "well worth them paying" followed by the click 'enter credit card numbers' link posted at the end of the conversation. (Just as sinister Google now puts higher in results cloud computing websites which use your search keywords you typed in just to dynamically create a webpage about the keywords you typed in... just to get you to click through a process to generate revenue.) That makes one cynical! :lol:

So the wiring diagram clips you've posted in your history, they came direct from the URL you mention https://easymanuals.co.uk/product/ford- ... -download/ ?? Or did you end up (after paying £15) having to contact them again to download gigas of unindexed data to go through to get the right wiring diagrams?
marcrbarker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby noeljary » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:14 pm

The wiring diagrams I have posted came from the download from that link - it was a few hundred MB, and as I recall contained 6 PDFs which are for different versions of the vehicle, covering both the 2.2L and 2.0L models - pre facelift only. You get both the service manual and wiring diagrams. Both appear to be extracted direct from ETIS.

I contacted them because I was looking for further manual content about my AWD model. They further provided about 100GB of virtual machine which has the ETIS software installed, which gives you an indexed version of the service manuals, but no wiring diagrams.

The wiring diagrams in the original PDFs are unindexed, although there is a semblance of logic in the ordering. There are a number of pages with Powertrain Control Module and Battery Junction Box content (the bits under the bonnet). Is it complete? No idea. Have they had everything I've needed so far? Yes.

The diagrams are a combo of 2.2L and 2.0L in the same document. I have extracted just the 2.0L diagrams into a separate PDF if that would be more helpful. Maybe message me directly if that's something you're interested in.

Here's an example of something engine based.
Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 13.56.51.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
noeljary
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby marcrbarker » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:30 pm

Yes, that's the style exactly :D .

Grey filled rectangular block for each component, a text description outside and a functional symbol inside. Around block boundary there's a Connector ID & pin number. And then out along the wire the colour(s) and harness ref.

There would be 20+ of these images for the engine and digging them all out I think would be a lot of work for you. If they are all in the URL you posted then I don't mind buying from the URL you posted, because it's a lot of digging.
marcrbarker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits