*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Low compression? Ecoblue 2litre

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Low compression? Ecoblue 2litre

Postby Johny200 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:54 pm

Hi i have a mk8 ecoblue I started it left on tickover for 5 mins cut out tried to restart it fired then it sounded like it had lost compression . I thought Cambelt had snapped. Just stripping it down got Cambelt cover off the belt is still intact, has anyone got any ideas ?. Thanks john
Johny200

Re: Low compression? Ecoblue 2litre

Postby Frag » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:10 pm

Put a fully charged battery on it,charger,or booster pack then crank it.
It will likely start firing on one or two cylinders to start with,but eventually it will fire up.
Sometimes it will say ‘crank time exceeded’ before this happens,(to save starter,it will disable cranking)
Leave it a while then try again,
In between attempts,key ignition on and off to run the intank pump a few times.

When it fires,try hold it at around 2k rpm,give it a minute or 2 to recover then slowly let it down to idle.
If you rev it up,and then come off throttle, it will likely do the exact same again….

Basically if you stall,or turn a 2.0 off when it’s just been started,(usually from cold/1st start)they can do this.
They will also do this if battery is weak,or voltage drops while cranking…….

Same if you go to crank one,and it’s lazy or slow to crank,do not persist,stop immediately and
Go straight for booster/jump leads etc or you will likely cause this same issue.
Frag
Ford Technician

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits