*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Adblue hose connector

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Adblue hose connector

Postby jubbly1999 » Fri Apr 10, 2026 5:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I wonder if someone can please help: I'm trying to disconnect the adblue tank filler hose from the filler neck hose and I'm not sure how to operate the release mechanism on the connector. I've attached a pic of the connector in question. I've sprayed hot water on the connector (several times) and cleaned a lot of the dirt off. The connector itself moves slightly back and forth plus I can twist it slightly both ways so I don't think the connector is seized. The green tab pushes in easily and it moves freely but I can't access the opposite tab as it's right next to the smaller pipe. The hole in the tab makes me think I need to pull it out but it doesn't pull out at all. I've sprayed wd40 into the hole in the tab and around the end of the connector. I think to disconnect I need to push the pipe in, operate the release mechanism and then pull the connector off, but what is the release mechanism?

This is on a 2017 transit 350, L3H3, rwd, 2.0l diesel 130ps, YMR6 engine.

Any help very much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jubbly1999
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 am

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.