*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Map sensor

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Map sensor

Postby Rikki661 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:01 pm

Hi, thanks in advance for any replies, can anyone tell me what the voltage should be at the three pins of the map sensor, unpin one I have 5 V centre pin is negative and the third pain I have 2 V on this is unplugged off the sensor is this correct definitely correct, I think I have a wiring issue that I am trying to track with no luck LOL I have the following fault codes came up at first
U0001:00/– AE
P0069:23-26
P0069:24-A8
P0069-C
The live data wasn’t showing any KPA change it showed I think it was 105 KPA When revving the engine so I cleaned the map sensor. It then showed 134 KPA. so I thought the sensor was broken, ordered a new one off eBay plugged it in, and that shows 127 KPA but There is still no movement on the live data when I rev the engine. I have blown down the manifold where the map sensor fits in, and it seems free-flowing, I have also attached an air compressor to the inlet manifold and gave it a small amount of air to see if there’s any leaks which I cannot hear any, So I’m back to thinking it’s a wiring problem if any one can help and know what the voltages on the two outside pins of the plug it would be very very helpful, I think that I should have 5 V when it is unplugged on both of the outside pins, but I may be wrong. Oh by the way the Earth is good on the plug.
Rikki661
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Re: Map sensor

Postby metalworker0 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:40 pm

from memory -Reports here water leaking from around about the bottom of the windscreen onto the PCM .

look at that first

if it is at fault .. and found to be unrelated to the sensor

then suspect stuck open EGR

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: Map sensor

Postby Rikki661 » Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:38 am

The PCM is bolted on just by the back headlight on mine not on the bulkhead does this apply to my model?
It’s put on with security bolts the twats
Rikki661
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Re: Map sensor

Postby metalworker0 » Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:56 pm

Probably not .. but worth taking the connector out to see if any corrosion on the pins.

If taken out, i recommend Servisol Super 10 Switch Cleaner which is a cleaner and anti-corrosive all in one.

Used to be £5.99 on ebay couple of years ago.. now £9.99 see if you can find it cheaper somewhere else.

Use it on all plugs you take apart.

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: Map sensor

Postby Rikki661 » Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:01 pm

Hi thanks for the reply anyone reading this later, the sensor should read 5v negative and 2v when unplugged
If you test when plugged into the sensor signal 2v wire will drop down to about 1.6v if you suck on the sensor it should read on your computer,do not blow into the sensor it will break it,where the sensor goes into the manifold at the bottom of it inside the hole is where the air/vacuum comes into the sensor a zippy clip fits down it which might clear it out but it goes down to a small hole and this also gets blocked to clean this you have to take the inlet manifold off and the throttlebody off. Then inside underneath the throttlebody clean out the manifold, you will see a small triangle clean this out with a small angled pick at the sharpest point of the triangle is where the hole to the outside duct is and try blowing where the sensor sits on the outside and it should be free flowing
Rikki661
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:31 pm


Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.