Transitmania 11 @Santa Pod 17th to 19th May 2019

Buying Trouble?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Buying Trouble?

Postby mercuryrev » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Looking at buying my first Transit and have a budget that seems to suggest a 2017 Limited.

Having read about problems with the Euro6 engine am I about to buy myself more than a few problems or have they all been ironed out now?

Coming from 2 T5's which have both had problems, I really don't want to repeat the experience!

Thanks in advance
mercuryrev

Re: Buying Trouble?

Postby woodbutcherbower » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:32 pm

My 67 plate Euro 6 Custom Sport has been flawless since day #1. Judging by the hundreds of post-17 plate vans I see on the road working for a living, the 'problems' are largely gone. I also think that on any forum like this, you'll always have a small percentage of unlucky folks who get a munter which is difficult to sort out. It's only natural that they will come on here to have a (totally understandable rant) and to seek help. But my experience with the E6 170PS motor has been 100% positive. Just my 10 cents worth.
woodbutcherbower
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Buying Trouble?

Postby mercuryrev » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:57 am

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, as you say if you get a bad one you probably want to vent your anger. However it does seem that they 'don't make em like they used to'. From DPF filters that clearly don't work yet the manufacturer charges you a fortune to replace, to dodgy electrics that can leave you miles from home with a van in limp mode for no apparent reason. It would be nice if someone would make something that worked and worked well.

Pot luck I suppose.....
mercuryrev

Return to Transit Custom