*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2020 custom ltd alarm sounds without reason

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2020 custom ltd alarm sounds without reason

Postby Slushydragon » Sat May 08, 2021 9:48 am

Hi is anyone else experiencing this.
When sounding its hard to tell its my van as the hazards dont flash.
The ford pass app tells me nothing about the alarm or what sensors have been triggered.
Is this the norm or am i missing something in the settings.
It would be kool if the app alerted
Slushydragon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2020 custom ltd alarm sounds without reason

Postby Frag » Sat May 08, 2021 11:26 am

I can help you with this,but info I have is at work so will be after weekend.
I seem to think it’s the ford pass app pinging the vehicle location that triggers the battery backed siren.
Almost certainly a BCM or TCM update to cure it.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Slushydragon » Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Thanks,thats good to know,
I look forward to hearing from you
Slushydragon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Frag » Tue May 11, 2021 5:25 pm

A software update to the body control module,should cure this.
You need to take it to a dealer,obviously it’s under warranty anyway.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby Slushydragon » Wed May 12, 2021 5:07 am

Thank you for your help
Slushydragon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stewee64 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:56 pm

I'm having the same issue.
Did the suggested software update fix your problem?
stewee64

Postby Slushydragon » Thu May 20, 2021 5:38 am

I haven't bothered taking it in yet,not heard it for a week or so now.
I was hoping it was something i could fix myself.
Slushydragon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Slushydragon » Thu May 20, 2021 5:44 am

Let me know if the update works,if you have it done
Slushydragon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby chipper » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:24 pm

Hi Chaps
I'm having the same problem on a new transit van delivered on 1 Sept 2021

Alarm sounds randomly about once a week, hazard lights dont flash, and no notification on the ford pro app,
i have also noticed that alarm will sound when opening the app occasionally, again hazard lights don't flash and no notification on app

the day after i picked up I had a PIR fitted in load area and a switch fitted at the top of sliding door to help against door peel down

its in the dealers now having a adblue problem fixed (replacing wiring loom as electrical fault)
so looking at the alarm while in there

Did the suggested software update fix your problem?
Cheers
chipper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Paul69 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:22 pm

Hi,

I have a Ford Transit Custom 21 plate. Alarm randomly goes off but lights don't flash and nothing shows up on Ford app. Does anyone else have this problem? I took to Ford garage and they can't find any fault. Can anyone help?
Paul69

Postby loko » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:35 pm

Mine does this when i open the app and at other random times, if i uninstall the app it never goes.off
loko
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Fordfish » Fri May 26, 2023 10:10 pm

I have exactly the same issue and there doesn't seem to be any logical reason as to why it happens. It happens at different times of the day, different temperatures etc. As far as I'm aware it does only happen when it's locked though and on average once every week or 2. I don't think it's anything to do with the Ford pass app mentioned previously as I don't have the app and didn't even know the app existed until I read this thread. I'm guessing a software/firmware update may cure this but it's a real pain getting anything done through the fleet management company my van is 'looked after' by as they always seem to want to take it away for 2 weeks to get anything done and it's impossible for me to work efficiently from a courtesy vehicle.

Did any of the previous posters get this sorted and if so was it simply a case of a software update?

Mine, similar to most of the other posters in this thread is a 21 plate 2 litre if that helps.
Fordfish

Postby Fordfish » Sat May 27, 2023 11:57 am

I have no idea if it helps but the alarm sounds for around 30 seconds every time and then that's it for a week or 2. I saw something about the side door switch in another post so will look at that today to see if there's anything obviously wrong there.
Fordfish

Postby chipper » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:04 pm

Have you got it sorted yet????

They need to install: FSA 21B23 - Transit Custom PHEV - Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm Issue

Contact Ford at PPFDBCK, F (F.) <fppfdbck@ford.com>

they will check for you if you give them your Vin no.

This was the Email i had with Ford

Dear Ford Team

I have been asked to contact you by the Ford pro App developer team regarding a problem I have with my van alarm

I took delivery of a new transit van VIN no. WFOEXXTTREMR****** on 1st sept 2021

Thatcham CAT1 Alarm factory fitted

The Alarm Siren goes off and the hazards do not flash at random times, also when I open the Ford Pro App randomly it will do the same Siren sounds and no hazards flash & no notifications for alarm going off on App

The if I open a door or the bonnet the alarm works as it should, the Siren sounds and the hazards flash and all appears to be working correctly

The day after delivery I had some aftermarket deadlocks etc fitted this also including a high level door switch to protect the top right of the side load door ( from being folded down in a theft attempt)
Also a PIR fitted in the load area on the bulkhead,

The dealership have had a look at the alarm while it was in to fix an AdBlue malfunction problem and replaced 2 wiring looms I believe and the AdBlue tank to fix this,

They found no problems with the Alarm but said that they would need the aftermarket parts fitted removed before further investigating I have had these parts disconnected/removed ( door switch and PIR)

Unfortunately I still have the problem,

Please could you give me any further information you have so I can give to the dealership as your Ford App developer says this is a known problem

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with the vehicle alarm, which sometimes goes off while using the app, and that you’ve gone through quite an ordeal already without successfully getting rid of the problem.
I believe that we’re dealing with a known issue here. It happens when the app sends a request to the car, e.g. to collect data for the app. A component in the car misbehaves and it can accidentally cause the alarm to go off.
You mentioned that the alarm behaves differently in these cases and that there is no alarm warning on the app either, which are additional indicators for the known issue.
To get the issue fixed, there is a software update for the component that you can get at the dealer, so I will have to ask you to schedule another appointment there.
Sometimes dealers do not know about this problem – as appears to be the case for your dealer – so please let them know that this is the fix they need to install: FSA 21B23 - Transit Custom PHEV - Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm Issue
Even though it says "PHEV" it is also applicable for Diesel Transits with this issue.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any questions on the above, and it would be great if you could let me know if the issue is resolved after applying the fix.
Thanks and Best Regards

We’d love to learn more about your experiences using the FordPass Pro app. You can help us improve further by taking a 5-minute survey. Click Here

Miguel
FordPass Pro Team
ps
chipper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom