*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Electric window problem

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Electric window problem

Postby CluelessVanOwner » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Hi All,

I seem to be having the same issue here with my driver side window. I have replaced the door loom but it still hasn't fixed the issue even though there were broken wires on the old loom.
So after spending £125 for the new loom, i am reluctant to pay £50 for a new switch, in case that doesn't fix the issue either.

I noticed a few people mentioning pins missing on the van side loom, is there anywhere i can find out what each pin does so i can see if any are missing?

Thanks
CluelessVanOwner

Postby WhiteAdventureVan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Newbie here... Posting to bump (and hopefully subscribe to the post so I can find it later... if this is anything like Pistonheads)
WhiteAdventureVan

Postby Bossdav » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:44 am

I had this same problem, found it was the thinnest black wire inside the door pillar flexi thing, it is very thin,
Twisted them back together, some insulation tape, sorted. Hope this helps someone else.
Bossdav

Postby Gussurf » Sat May 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Hey! Similar problem here. I'm hoping it's the switch, I've already order the replacement but can any one of you please tell me how to bypass it so I can close the window up
Cheers!
Gussurf

Postby Big Chris » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi guys dont know if anyone is paying attention to this post anymore... but have the same problem as above on my 2014 310 Trend Drivers window and Mirror adjust not working... Passenger switch working on double switch and on passenger switch so no fuse or relay problem... Was wondering if someone had wiring diagram or pinout for door switch and the door pillar double socket... I think it may be broken pins looking at what peeps are saying on here as when I pulled apart the pillar socket lots of green copper corrosion... water defo got in there... some in the rubber boot... crap design hey guys... all sockets and switches got power soaking with switch cleaner.... is there a bypass for getting the driver window working on the switch for now before main fix (new door loom :cry: )... as going away in van next week... someone mentioned the tiny wire being jumped from another permanent power pin out... pin out for just the switch would be a start... any info on this would be much appreciated thanks in advance...
Big Chris

Postby Steve_Martin1612 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:50 am

Hello everyone,

I too am having this problem but I absolutely know its not the loom.
I had the door lock problem, so repaired the loom see the post here: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=213889&p=1765002&hilit=drivers+door#p1765002

You can see my handy-work from the photos - two broken wires to be soldered, and 5 or so wires on their way out to be mended. Refitted the loom and tested - all good, the locking problem has been resolved, but 3 days later, just like the OP, passengers window works from the drivers switch, the mirror powerfold function works, but the mirrors won't move neither will the window - both of which DID work whilst testing the loom repairs following reassembly.

F35 is also intact. Any ideas what else I can look for?

Steve
2014 (Gen 1) Euro 5 Transit Custom 330 SWB
Steve_Martin1612
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Steve_Martin1612 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:03 pm

Strange but I don't think my problem is related to this, or indeed if its even a problem, though I've got to admit, its had me perplexed; although I'm beginning to suspect mine might be sensor related.

Took the door card off, couldn't find any fault apart from a mis-routing of the cabling when I refitted the loom - I had routed around the back of the window - closest to the outer skin, rather than the front - closest to the interior. Re-routing this made no difference.

So resolving that I'd need to remove the loom again over the weekend, I replaced the card and went for a drive: 10 minutes in (it was hot last Thursday), and messing that it'd be really nice to be able to open the drivers window, pressed the button and - the window shot down. Mirrors worked too, and both have continued to work since.

I'm wondering about the test-drive I conducted following reinstalling the loom after repairing the broken wires. I opened the window during that drive - the one-shot function had been restored too so must have been a result of the repair. I'm wondering whether my incorrect routing had caused the window to become entangled with the cabling causing the sensor to somehow disable the window until the vehicle was in motion: has anyone come across similar behaviour?

All working now though.

Steve
2014 (Gen 1) Euro 5 Transit Custom 330 SWB
Steve_Martin1612
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Nath69uk » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:03 pm

Pug957 wrote:I know this is probably too late now but just want to say one thing I found with one of the works vans.

The drivers window wouldn't work but the passengers one did.

On the main plug that goes to the switch itself, theres a skinny white compared with the rest. There should be 12v on this with the ignition on. If there isn't as a "free" fix you can just jump the 12v from the main feed on this plug to that pin until you can do a proper repair.

Life saver, this worked for me.
Nath69uk

Previous

Return to Transit Custom