*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit custom 2017 strange issue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit custom 2017 strange issue

Postby Stu81 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:05 pm

Hi all, so a few days ago I looked out the window to see that my headlights were on when I went out to the van both front and rear side lights was on and the interior lights on also the radio and cluster screens were light up, it happened two nights in a row and then fine for 3 nights but now it has happened again tonight, no rain during this period and nothing happened out of the ordinary before it happened, as in no work done or changes to the van, only had the van about 4 months now and the only issue I've noticed is the driver's door isn't detected when opened, so the radio does not turn off but does when the passenger door is opened, but it's been like that since I got it so doubt that could be anything to do with this recent issue.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue? Or know what I should be looking at? Any advice appreciated

(And no I don't keep the keys in my pocket)
Stu81

Re: Transit custom 2017 strange issue

Postby Chrisp74 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:58 pm

Hi Stu
You mention the drivers door not knowing when it’s open. Customs are common for the loom going bad/corrosion in the plug between the door and the van body.
It’s a long shot but maybe some of those wires are grounding out or powering circuits they shouldn’t be?

Forscan diagnostic platform is brilliant BTW. if your willing to put the effort in its invaluable for giving clues and help. There’s info on this forum and you tube for how to get started. Can be done for about £20.
Chrisp74
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom