*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit 2.0L Black Smoke - Worse Under Load (AC load)

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit 2.0L Black Smoke - Worse Under Load (AC load)

Postby GJMC8 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:52 pm

Hi,

First time posting here but I’m at a dead end with a vehicle. It’s a 66 plate (2016) transit custom 2.0L engine. It originally was a non start and was diagnosed as a blocked DPF. This was sent for cleaning and all was ok it then would start but took a while starting and was producing some black smoke. The injectors have been replaced although this hasn’t cured the issue. The EGR has been changed with a second hand unit we know is OK which eliminates this. The DPF was disconnected and the smoke remains.

The black smoke isn’t massively bad on idle or while driving you get a small amount while revving/acceleration. But as soon as the Air Conditioning load is on the engine each time it engages a thick black smoke comes from the exhaust. Usually only while idiling and improves if you bring the revs up. Occasionally the revs will drop especially while cold and can stall itself. Although once up to temp and no ACcon the vehicle is as should be other than a minor amount of smoke out the exhaust.

Hoping and appreciative of any pointers or help of anyone who may have had something similar.

Thanks,
Mike
GJMC8

Re: Transit 2.0L Black Smoke - Worse Under Load (AC load)

Postby FJ111200 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:58 am

I'm no expert but it sounds like it's over-fuelling.
Black smoke is usually the fuel, blue smoke is usually oil and white is condensation or coolant. What condition is the air filter in? Blocked can cause the engine to run rich.
Sorry can't be of any more help.
:idea: :lol: :roll:
FJ111200
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Kennyguu » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:51 pm

Hi Mike
Did you get to the bottom of the fault, I have got the same issue and it’s causing me a headache trying to find the fault.
Thanks
Kenny
Kennyguu

Postby Altransit » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:30 pm

Kennyguu wrote:Hi Mike
Did you get to the bottom of the fault, I have got the same issue and it’s causing me a headache trying to find the fault.
Thanks
Kenny

He has not been back since posting the question, so you're unlikely to hear from the OP.
You might do better to post your question as a new thread and see what replies you get :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Custom