*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Loss of power and Overheating

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Loss of power and Overheating

Postby mturneruk » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:01 am

Hi Guys...

Sorry if this is a duplicate or something. Just had to get towed off the motorway back to Bristol at a cost of £350. Not to bad a price for over 100 Miles.

However, having got home with wife kids and dog, can anyone advise me on the following...

- 2016 Ford Transit Custom 2.0 with 50K miles.
- Loss of power in all gears. Being overtaken by dustbin lorries on Devon Expressway, but also in 1st / 2nd gear on minor roads. (Limp mode ?)
- Seems to only happen when warm / after 10 - 15 mins driving. Would start off ok. After 10-15 mins problems start. No Throttle.
- Only error was overheating according to garage on computer. Nothing useful as far as i could tell.
- Temperature normal according to meter in cab. No boiling water / steam etc. But was very hot ambient temperature (Heatwave in UK).
- All levels checked. Plenty oil / Coolant.
- Fan absolutely going for it after 10 - 15 mins driving. So something has decided its to hot.
- DPF recently regened, and driven with additive in it today. No "Drive to clean" advised on dash even after all fault codes cleared.
- No warning lights on dashboard.

- ps. GOT A CARBON FIRBRE EFFECT STRIPE.

Ford Garage absolutely rubbish. Didn't give a f*** i had wife kids and dog to get home. All they said was £120 per hour, can't look till this afternoon. (Friday). f tHEM
Another garage it advised it could be water pump, injectors / head gasket was even mentioned, although no milky oil.

Now i'm home i would appreciate any advice i could give my local mechanic to solve the problem.

Thanks
Martin
mturneruk

Re: Loss of power and Overheating

Postby APW » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:48 pm

Probably the thermostat housing.... More Info here:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=191961
APW
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom