*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

IS THIS WHY IVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS? CODE U0001

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

IS THIS WHY IVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS? CODE U0001

Postby carlburt78 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:19 pm

Hi guys need some help on possible causes for this code U0001 engine light on , scanned with forscan when light appeared and it says High speed can bus / communication bus module OBD2

I've been having lots of drivability issues albeit intermittent where it lacks power and acceleration, feels like it has a misfire under certain conditions and sounds as if it is knocking at times , up until now I haven't had any codes and have had the following things checked or replaced

Leak off test = all good
Smoke test = all good
Compression test = all good
Mass air flow replaced
Egr replaced
Regular oil and filter
Fuel filter
Air filter

My guess is it's an electrical issue as it is so temperamental, one minute it's great the next it drives terribly

I had a quick Google and apparently this module controls fuel injection ect so this might explain my issues??
I have looked on Forscan and I can't find this module to reset it , also I have no idea where to start looking for bad wires or connections ect so can anyone point me in the right direction please ? I must add that when the weather is really wet like it was today my van has more drivability issues and I noticed my PCM is soaking wet ! The van is a Euro 5 FWD 2.2 ... Hope somebody can help with this ? Thanks Carl
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: IS THIS WHY IVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS? CODE U0001

Postby carlburt78 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:49 pm

I forgot to add that I do get a code for loss of communication with abs module so not sure if its connected
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby carlburt78 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:17 pm

Another thing , I was having an issue where my Forscan adapter was having problems connecting where I was getting a message saying " adapter not connected " because of this I bought another adapter which also wouldn't connect all the time but does sometimes, also with the new adapter I wasnt being asked to flick the HS can switch like I used to get asked even though the new adapter has a HS can switch , I thought I bought a dodgy adapter lol
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby carlburt78 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:20 pm

I retrieved the other codes that accompanied the code that put the light on and they are

U0418 INVALID DATA FROM BRAKE SYSTEM MODULE
U0126 INVALID DATA FROM STEERING ANGLE SENSOR
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby LooneyDoodle » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:39 am

Did you sort this?

I had this code, along with other random ones inc traction light coming on, going into limp mode sometimes but other times not

My Pcm was getting wet - when I had an engine bay fuse not replacement, the garage removed the protective plate that covers it and didn't put it back on
Water was getting into the wiring & all over the pcm. Made a cover from the bottom of a 5l bottle. Been fine since
LooneyDoodle

Return to Transit Custom