*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

BCM issue?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

BCM issue?

Postby Philbo » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:05 pm

2020 Transit custom - broke down in the Netherlands in October - all sorts of weird electrical issues happening and ford assist (AA) took it to the local ford dealer, who, after 6 days, said it was fine.
I received no details on the issue and a colleague drove it back to the UK. The handbrake light stayed on and the lights flickered.

Booked it into ford main dealer in the UK - still under warranty - They replaced the BCM due to water damage at a cost of £500 ish as, they said, the windscreen had been replaced so they believed that was where water ingress was.

A few weeks later - dash warning comes up saying take to dealer and the van goes into limp mode, this cleared for a couple of weeks then the warning came up again without the liking mode issue.

took it into ford main dealer in Italy, where we are for the winter. They said BCM and replaced it under warranty (had it for 3 weeks) during their period with it, the warranty expired.

Picked it up and all sorts of issues with the headlights/ rear lights - took it back and, after 2.5 weeks, they say BCM again and it's out of warranty so chargeable!!

Anyone else had similar issues?
Philbo

Re: BCM issue?

Postby 33bk » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:32 am

Morning

I’ve just had to have my bcm replaced due to corrosion, the auto electrician that fitted it did say it down to drinks leaking above and drips through on to it. At first he thought it was a dodgy window replacement. Or could be both

Just thought I’d let you know
33bk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ShropshireMTB » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:31 pm

Hi, I’ve had a similar problem with the BCM last week.
Noticed some drops of water in the drivers footwell the morning after some heavy rain.
Van drove fine in the morning but cut out on me in the afternoon and wouldn’t restart. Also the wing mirrors wouldn’t fold back out after being parked up at work.
AA tried to fix on the roadside but couldn’t. Found no supply to the fuel pump even after swopping relays etc.
They recovered the van to my local Ford stealer who has told me today that the BCM is fried through water ingress.
Now waiting on a cost to repair.
I have found a company that will repair them called viretronics. Not sure how easy it is to swop over though.
Has anyone on here changed one before??
Cheers
ShropshireMTB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ShropshireMTB » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:53 pm

ShropshireMTB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby dm3lions » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:52 am

Pretty much same as me. My door seals were letting water into the a-pillars and down onto the BCM and also on the other side behind the glovebox. We got a wide range of errors. Ford replaced the windscreen and that had no effect. Missing roofrack screws are also worth a check. Cheers
dm3lions
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom