*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

BCM Gremlins back again

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: BCM Gremlins back again

Postby sherwoodcycles » Mon May 08, 2023 11:28 pm

Using a straightened out staple in the socket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hart_graham » Tue May 09, 2023 8:25 am

Spent a while yesterday looking at the dpf fault code. Ruled out the fuel vaporiser quite quickly but when I tried to do a static regen it aborted after 90 seconds due to 'lost contact with the bcm' so back to the conclusion that the root cause is in the bcm. Going to bite the bullet today and replace the bcm with new. High cost but don't want to be back here again in a couple of months with the same or similar problem. It says it all when the guy at Ford Salisbury says ' yes I've got 4 on the shelf'. Bl**dt TAT.
watch this space :(
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ShropshireMTB » Tue May 09, 2023 7:01 pm

Had problems with my BCM after heavy rain.
To cut a long story short someone had fitted roof bars but left 3 holes on either side without bolts!!!
The seals had shrunk over time and started letting water under the feet which then ran into the van through the open holes!
The water was running down the drivers A pillar then dropping onto the BCM
Had to replace the BCM in the end as it was fooked.
Sealed the holes and no further problems since.
Hope you get yours sorted. Did you notice any water in the drivers footwell? This is how I first noticed mine was leaking.
Good luck mate
ShropshireMTB
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Hart_graham » Tue May 09, 2023 8:53 pm

No never been any damp since I have had it (2020). There was clear evidence of water or something ingress on one of the connectors of bcm - thought maybe someone spilled cola or something from the dash. I repaired the cct board - replaced 3 of the pins and it worked for a while but now throws faults at random. Picked up new BCM today (£450 :shock: ) and will get it programmed tomorrow. Then have to sort DPF and glow plugs, it cannot regenerate the dpf because of the faulty bcm so has become clogged and this aggravated by 2 bad glow plugs. Oh what fun :x
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sherwoodcycles » Fri May 12, 2023 12:53 pm

Apparently fluid from the washer bottle can leak and creep its way along the loom and down the plug, as nuts as it sounds!
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sherwoodcycles » Fri May 12, 2023 12:55 pm

Since soldering mine, everything works apart from the low pressure fuel pump. It's not the common fuse problem as I have power at both the 12v on the relay. There just isn't a ground (which the bcm provides) and the loom is fine hence my pictures of testing.
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sherwoodcycles » Sun May 14, 2023 10:44 am

Circuit diagram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sherwoodcycles » Sun May 14, 2023 10:46 am

I'm seeing this and I now wander if it could be something to do with the pcm that's not allowing the bcm to switch the low pressure fuel on?
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hart_graham » Tue May 16, 2023 5:20 pm

So that's the glow plugs changed - was really easy to get them out, surprised after reading all the horror stories and the duff ones being the originals(3 out of 4 bad). The BCM has been programmed at Ford. Now just the DPF to sort out.
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sherwoodcycles » Wed May 17, 2023 12:11 am

I was planning on getting my bcm cloned onto another as I couldn't get rid of this 'low fuel pressure circuit' problem.
I plugged in an autel elite reader (which I was planning to return) and it reset the bcm!!!
Everything works now and I'm glad I didn't buy the other bcm.

I'll keep the coder reader now!
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hart_graham » Wed May 17, 2023 2:38 am

I saw the reset function but didn't think that would do it. Congrats
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hart_graham » Fri May 26, 2023 12:11 pm

So after a week away..........
After the bcm change I still had the dpf prob so yesterday I put a can of DPF cleaner into the dpf via the hose connection ( where the diesel gets injected during a regen). Left it for an hour or so and then did a static regen. After that cleared the fault codes and presto, engine management light gone. Drives better (without the choked up dpf). Used it this morning and after about 5 miles - service engine now warning comes on! Cycle the ignition and its gone. No fault codes stored. Drive it a further 20 miles without it coming back. Maybe if I left it parked up someone would steal the bl**dy thing :evil:
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sherwoodcycles » Tue May 30, 2023 2:22 pm

Well done. Its so disheartening when you can't solve the issues. I ended up buying a vivaro again (swore I never would) it had all sorts of its own issues (which I've sorted). As soon as I got my custom repaired, I was straight back in it. So much nicer than a vivaro.
Greeny
sherwoodcycles
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hart_graham » Tue May 30, 2023 2:29 pm

read up some more and apparently you should do an oil change after static regen. Did that and reset service interval(ignition on hold down acc pedal and brake pedal for 45 sec. So far no codes, fingers crossed.
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Hart_graham » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:00 am

Well fingers crossed didn't work :( Went to the coast yesterday and the ' service Engine Now' warning came on after 5 miles and every 3 to 4 minutes after that. Each time I cycle the ignition it goes away then comes back on after 3 - 4 mins. It cancels ok and no other warning lights. Got home and put the reader on it but no codes.
Anyone any idea what could be triggering it? The bcm has been replaced and I've got rid of the dpf problem. What exactly is supposed to trigger it?
I'm starting to wish someone would rear end me so I can get rid of the prob as well as the van :evil:
Hart_graham
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom