*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


P0069:21

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

P0069:21

Postby cchaney17 » Fri Aug 07, 2026 12:06 pm

Hi, this is the first time I've posted, I've got a Ford transit Tourneo Custom 2.0 ecoblue euro 6. I keep getting this code coming up, I've put a new map sensor on it. I've taken it and and rev the engine and there was air coming out of the hole so I don't think the manifold is blocked. Has anyone got any ideas what I can try
cchaney17
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:41 am

Re: P0069:21

Postby metalworker0 » Fri Aug 07, 2026 6:03 pm

You have leak then .. usually boost pipes or connections ..
find hole.. and replace the pipe if holed
or find loose joint tighten retaining clip.

find other type of leak .. find out what it is from the parts diagrams here - and replace

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... UyNzMrMTMz

Or other stuff here

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... EzMw%3D%3D


all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6015
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: P0069:21

Postby cchaney17 » Fri Aug 07, 2026 6:26 pm

Thank you Mark, I will check them tomorrow
cchaney17
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:41 am

Re: P0069:21

Postby cchaney17 » Sat Aug 08, 2026 10:54 am

Hi, Mark I've checked the pipes and can't see any splits, any other ideas
cchaney17
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:41 am

Re: P0069:21

Postby metalworker0 » Sat Aug 08, 2026 2:25 pm

A split can open and close .. and conceal itself until the engine is revved

So you need two people

Garages have smoke leak detectors .. that pump the system up with smoke

24:57 mins in .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKJixaTaZKg

Video to demonstrate use of machine .. not being used in this video for your problem .,. link just to let you know what a smoke machine is.

Lack of boost can also be other things

1. EGR staying open
2. Sticking vanes on the turbo
3. Turbo actuator has stripped gears

All of which you need proper diagnostic scanner that shows you a lot more than just codes

They use forscan here .. its free .. and works on a laptop .. you just buy the interface cable called.
v-linker

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6015
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: P0069:21

Postby cchaney17 » Sat Aug 08, 2026 4:31 pm

Cheers Mark, I've ordered a smoke machine it coming to tomorrow, I've tried to to download Forscan onto my phone but it doesn't work, so I've ordered a TOPDON ArtiDiag600 Elite Obd2 Scanner, Full System Car Diagnostic Tool so hopefully it will tell me more
cchaney17
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:41 am

Re: P0069:21

Postby metalworker0 » Sat Aug 08, 2026 4:46 pm

i didn't tell you to buy a smoke device .. i was just pointing out what garages use

you'll need a compressor to be able to run the device, unless its got a built in one.

I don't know anything about the scanner you've bought

but the price of the smoke thing plus the scanner .. exceeds paying professional diagnoses and possibly the fix .

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6015
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn


Return to Transit Custom



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.