*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby Marky146 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:17 pm

Lot of confusion about. As said, the Sync 3 is a separate module called the APIM that lives down near the glovebox. That is for the Sat Nav. If you purchase it new with Ford SatNav, you get Sync 3. If you don't it's Sync 2.5. Which is fine as you can use the far better sat nav from your phone! I'm using a company called Media in Motion to supply the module and harness and camera for me. It's then plug and play with no coding required. just waiting on the price all in delivered then ordering it tomorrow.
Marky146
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:23 pm

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby Bell1986uk » Mon May 23, 2022 5:21 am

Hi did you manage to fit this??

I have the same van and want to add one too

Any help would be appreciated
Bell1986uk
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 23, 2022 5:18 am

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby ake » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Stuartbrown06 wrote:Ive fitted the camera, loom adapter and plugged it in. Ive tried to code it but when I enable the camera in the BCMii module nothing changes when I select reverse? I still just get the parking sensor image

Forscan lets you enable the camera in 'easy' mode but if I go into the BCMii As Built option I don't have <a href="tel:727-08-02">727-08-02</a>. All of the codes seem to begin with 726.

Any one got any ideas?

You need to go into ACM as built to change the settings for camera
2024 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps Auto
2021 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps
2014 Ford Fiesta Sport Van 95ps
If she knew what she wants
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 41846
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby LeBeuf » Fri Jan 03, 2025 6:06 pm

Slushydragon wrote:First ensure you have sync 2.5,
The harness is from amazon for 2020 focus camera harness, its the sqaure plug.
I got my ntsc parkvision camera also from amazon.
You can power the camera from the accessorie behind driver side rear l light cluster


Hi,

Digging up an old post here but Im struggling to get my retrofit camera working.

Ive got a 2021 Ford Transit Custom with the sync 2.5 head unit. Got all the kit that I thought Id need and I thought Id test it out first to make sure its working before running all the cables but no signal on display when in reverse. I changed the setting in ForScan so the headunit switches to the camera when in reverse ok but then says there is a fault with the camera.

Do I need to connect the red wire on the RCA lead somewhere are the headunit?
LeBeuf
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2024 12:24 am

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby ake » Sun Feb 09, 2025 4:48 pm

LeBeuf wrote:
Slushydragon wrote:First ensure you have sync 2.5,
The harness is from amazon for 2020 focus camera harness, its the sqaure plug.
I got my ntsc parkvision camera also from amazon.
You can power the camera from the accessorie behind driver side rear l light cluster


Hi,

Digging up an old post here but Im struggling to get my retrofit camera working.

Ive got a 2021 Ford Transit Custom with the sync 2.5 head unit. Got all the kit that I thought Id need and I thought Id test it out first to make sure its working before running all the cables but no signal on display when in reverse. I changed the setting in ForScan so the headunit switches to the camera when in reverse ok but then says there is a fault with the camera.

Do I need to connect the red wire on the RCA lead somewhere are the headunit?

The red wire is to carry the power to the camera
2024 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps Auto
2021 Ford Transit Custom 300S Active 170ps
2014 Ford Fiesta Sport Van 95ps
If she knew what she wants
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 41846
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby Mark10evo » Mon Jan 19, 2026 10:32 pm

Slushydragon wrote:Here is the coding required for sync 2.5

727-08-02:

xxxx xxxx xX

Change X to

2 for Non-NA layout
3 for NA layout
4 for Non-NA layout with Split View
NA = North America
Basically you change the digit 1 to 2



When I find 727-08-02 my code is 4 digits each time so xxxx xxxx xxxx what is it I change then? Yours looks like it’s xxxx xxxx xx

Cheers
Mark10evo
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 11:06 am

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby Plumbaaid » Sat Aug 22, 2026 11:18 pm

Just looking at reverse camera coding, I have the same issue 727-08-02 xxxx xxxx xx38 can’t change it, when I change the code it reverts back. All other codes have been changed just not getting visual on 2018 facelift sync 2.5 3 . Anyone know how or has the correct code please.
Plumbaaid
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2026 8:09 pm

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby Plumbaaid » Sat Aug 22, 2026 11:27 pm

Bell1986uk wrote:Hi did you manage to fit this??

I have the same van and want to add one too

Any help would be appreciated
Plumbaaid
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2026 8:09 pm

Re: Fitting reverse camera to 2020 sync 2.5

Postby Plumbaaid » Mon Aug 24, 2026 11:04 pm

Hi . I fitted the reverse camera and connected to my auxiliary 12v via relay at back , the RCA is currently connected to the ACM via a T harness, coding is enabled for rear reverse camera , screen switching and park aid sensors top right corner screen either blue or then black few moments later when no visible video says camera unavailable. The 727-08-02 xxxx xxxx xx38 needs to be changed to xx28 , which writes and says blocks updated successfully, but the code is exactly the same xx38 so blocks the video input. Can anyone please explain how to rectify this issue. Thanks. My transit is custom limited 2018 facelift and came out the factory without a camera apparently on my model.
Plumbaaid
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2026 8:09 pm

Previous

Return to Transit Custom



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.