*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby keeff » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:06 pm

I am still getting trouble with one side not starting up ( passenger side ) probably 1 in 10 goes. I had the ballast replace about 5 months ago for the same fault . Last night I changed the ballast side to side and to day driver side failed to light ones.
If it is the van can any of you think of a way to delay the power to one side for a few seconds so only one fire at a time?
keeff
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:05 pm

That suggests that it's the ballast.
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 19592
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UZ

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby keeff » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Image
This is just a update in my fault with the Hid
The photo shows the message I was getting and one light would fail to light. I removed the lights with all the wiring and cleaned every connection then with a small screwdriver closed up all the connectors so they are all a tight fit . I even cleaned the ford connections on the light unit and put it all back together. I have been using the van for a week turning the lights on and off as much as possible with out any faults.
I cannot say which connector was playing up as I did all of them but if they start to give faults again I will just do one connector at a time .
I found that the first time I fitted them and again when they gave me replacement ballast they worked without fault for about a four to six weeks.
They are now working with auto lights or using the switch with engine on or off so fingers crossed for the winter.
keeff
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby poolie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm having the same problem passenger side light sometimes won't come on, when I turn off then on again it usually works, it's a bit of a pain as others have said. I have now been sent the harness, has anyone else fitted this apart from the guy on here, and has it solved the problem?

Also can this harness be fitted to the jump port as the wire needs extending to fit to battery.
User avatar
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Lincs

Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby keeff » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Mine has started to play up again but I am sure it is poor connectors . It could even be the ford connector on the light unit.i would connect it to the jump port and see if it helps before running wires to the battery.
I was asking about another make in my local motor discount shop and the said they used to use the supplier we use but stopped as they started to get faults. They have stop selling canbus kits because of this . I do a lot of driving on roads without lights so still thinking of going back to a Renault or may be fit the light units from the base model without projector lenses. Keep us updated on how you get on please.
keeff
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby poolie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Thanks for reply I'm guna fit the harness in the morning. Il let you in a couple of days of use.
User avatar
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Lincs

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby mavericktc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 pm

keeff wrote:Mine has started to play up again but I am sure it is poor connectors . It could even be the ford connector on the light unit.i would connect it to the jump port and see if it helps before running wires to the battery.
I was asking about another make in my local motor discount shop and the said they used to use the supplier we use but stopped as they started to get faults. They have stop selling canbus kits because of this . I do a lot of driving on roads without lights so still thinking of going back to a Renault or may be fit the light units from the base model without projector lenses. Keep us updated on how you get on please.

So you are thinking of changing manufacturer because of an aftermarket kit doesn't work? :lol:
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm
Location: Scandinavia

Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby keeff » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:41 pm

No because the standard ones are sh. It. And the van has been to the dealers way to often . The vans is just another tool and I wouldn't buy a crap drill if I can get a good one for less money.
keeff
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby Mussels » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:23 am

I drive on a lot of unlit roads and find the standard lights pretty good, problems occur because of people coming the other way with dazzling lights.
Mussels
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:28 am

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby poolie » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:58 pm

The harness I fitted has made it worse :? Now no power to drivers side headlight. Now looks like it will have to go on computer to reset fault. Fook this will just stick to the standard bulbs :x
User avatar
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Lincs

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby keeff » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Had a look at mine yesterday and put the standard one back in and I have lost power to the drivers side . I had to wire it up to the jump start connector so I could use it today. Came home in the dark tonight and did I miss the HIDS. Mine are just yellow ovals in the middle of the road so might give a better make a go.
keeff
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby poolie » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Anyone recommend a good quality bulb what gives extra output and a xenon look?
User avatar
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Lincs

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby poolie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Apparently mine are 55w I've sent them back today there going to send the 35w hope this works.

BTW I bought these under the intention they were 35 w.
User avatar
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Lincs

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:18 pm

poolie wrote:Apparently mine are 55w I've sent them back today there going to send the 35w hope this works.

BTW I bought these under the intention they were 35 w.


What make?
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 19592
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UZ

Re: Installed HID kit DO NOT USE 55w KITS

Postby poolie » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:30 pm

HIDS4U
User avatar
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Lincs

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.