*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom rear speakers

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Custom rear speakers

Postby mrpowly » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 am

Apologies for reactivating this thread. I have found the speaker connection on the driver's side exactly as shown in the post above, but there doesn't appear to be an equivalent connection on the passenger side. Can anyone suggest why this might be?

Thanks.
mrpowly

Postby ds77 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:47 am

I’ve just been looking for exactly the same thing.. did you manage to figure it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ds77

Postby Scoops » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Iv'e found the drivers side and will have a look for the passenger side this evening. Anyone near Coventry capable of changing the IDS settings?
Scoops

Postby Scoops » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Hhhmmmm - had a good look for the passenger side rear speaker connector and no where to be seen? I find it really odd the drivers side rear is in exactly the right spot but the passenger is not there, anyone sorted this out?
Scoops

Postby finnie » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:24 pm

IMG_20200821_154023.jpg
I would like to resurrect this thread too. I've got 2 plugs on Tue driver's side. I white one with 2 wires and a smaller black plug. Which ones are for the speakers

Not opened the left side yet as going to keep the shelving as long as I canp
IMG_20200821_154023.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finnie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby gregd72002 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:34 pm

I think this is the white one. You just need a connector like this onehttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CT ... 2749.l2649

Having said that I've done all the above and activate them and there is no sound. I think something is not connected in the back of the headunit. But would like to hear from anyone who had similar problem.
Mine is 64 trend.
gregd72002
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Chrisfoxon » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Hi, I have a 2017 Transit Custom Limited and am also looking for the rear speaker connectors. Like a few other people I can find the drivers side plug but not on the passenger side. Did anyone find where it is or is there a way to feed two speakers from the one plug that is there?

Thanks

-Chris
Chrisfoxon

Postby Foxtrott » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:11 pm

i am also on this mission - i have a 2019 custom limited - i have successfully enabled the rear speakers and fade etc in the head unit using latest version of Forscan (ACM module) - I have a single speaker working from the white plug (found by everyone on the drivers side) - just now trying to figure out how far back i need to go in the wiring harness to find the passenger side - Wiring does appear to be present at the back of the head unit.... i believe i am looking for a white/green (+) and a brown/yellow (-) cable
Foxtrott

Postby Foxtrott » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:52 pm

To confirm I've got a 2019 custom limited panel van with a Sync 3 head unit... like most people I have the wiring in the existing loom for the rear drivers side speaker.

I have activated the rear speakers and fade functionality using forscan (i can post details of this if people are struggling with this).

Unfortunately, it appears that the passenger's side loom doesn't have the rear speaker wiring like the drivers side. However, the wiring for the rear speakers does go all the way through the loom until the final connection to the loom running down the passenger side. This connection is found at the base of the passenger's side A pilar.

For access (which isn't great) you will have to remove the glove box and housing. Step by step here.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunNSZM2oaA

Once you have all this removed, you'll have a large wiring loom connection directly in front of you.... this isn't the one we need but you can see the speaker wiring in this connection (white and green / brown and yellow - arrows point these out plus the arrow at the back is the general location for the connection we are looking for).

IMG_9782.JPG

Tucked away behind this connection (back left) you should be able to locate the passenger side loom running from the bottom of the A-pillar and connecting into the other wiring.

IMG_9783.JPG

When you separate this connection, you can clearly see the wiring for the rear speaker stops here. Test it to get some confidence!!

IMG_9787.JPG

Then you have to cut these wires from the back of the connector and connect in a new speaker cable to run alongside the passenger side loom to the speaker location.

IMG_9785.JPG

Its really tight so a bit of a faff to connect up!..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Foxtrott

Postby FrankMCN » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:37 am

Foxtrott wrote:To confirm I've got a 2019 custom limited panel van with a Sync 3 head unit... like most people I have the wiring in the existing loom for the rear drivers side speaker.

I have activated the rear speakers and fade functionality using forscan (i can post details of this if people are struggling with this).

Yes that would be great info to share - looking at fitting some rear speakers in my 2022 Custom and the forscan instructions i've found are for the pre-facelift model.
FrankMCN
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby floss » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:59 pm

Hi Sorry to resurrect and old thread but wanted to big thanks as this gave me all the info I needed to add rear speakers to a 2018 Custom especially to (Foxtrott) for the description and photo's of were to find ( or rather not find ) the Near side cabling after spending 2 hours not finding it lol

if anyone need it btw the line I had to change using Forscan was 727-01-01 0101 0101 135 to 727-01-01 0101 0102 136

I did this by trail and error giving up on googling and just start systematically changing it until I found what worked
floss

Previous

Return to Transit Custom