*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

For how long lighter charger stay on after locking car

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: For how long lighter charger stay on after locking car

Postby Veki007 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Herts wrote:Hey Vek,

can you put a link up of where you got your camera from, as the picture is very good. I want one!!!

many thanks

Andy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L9LQ93G/r ... s=blackvue

This is the one I got it.Same price
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sezyal » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Permanent electric is only directly from battery. I use power outlet they provide under seat. It says you can pull up to 60 Amps and it never goes off. I have 2 batteries and that outlet is connected to aux battery and can't drain other battery which is used by starter.

All other charger outlets are turning off after some time, like 30 mins I guess.
I have 2 cameras and 1 car computer, sometimes I even leave laptop on charge. I sometimes notice late stop-start engagement when possibly battery was drained for more than a day. Since I have 2 batteries, never had any issues with starting and so never worried about it.
2014 Tourneo Custom 155 SWB Titanium Plus
Stratosphere Blue
+18" Sport Wheels
+HID Kit
sezyal
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:07 pm

sezyal wrote:Permanent electric is only directly from battery. I use power outlet they provide under seat. It says you can pull up to 60 Amps and it never goes off. I have 2 batteries and that outlet is connected to aux battery and can't drain other battery which is used by starter.

All other are turning off after some time, like 30 mins I guess.
I have 2 cameras and 1 car computer, sometimes I even leave laptop on charge. I sometimes notice late stop-start engagement when possibly battery was drained for more than a day. Since I have 2 batteries, never had any issues with starting and so never worried about it.

I found fuse for lighters but never seen fuse like that so is no no.All others that I did try are all the time on or switched off with ignition.So no good.Have to find some other way to connect it to stay on for a while.Must admit I did had big hope for lighters because it stays on for a 30min which is perfect..Any idea how to connect to that fuse is a small square one not standard one.
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Softlips » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:53 pm

I have a Mini 0805 and that continues to record for a short while after the power is cut via an internal battery.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mussels » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:20 pm

There might be a setting on your camera to keep running x seconds after you switch off.
Mussels
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Waterman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Transcend 16GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi £82 from Amazon

Highly recommended

Ta Andy
"Living the dream every day"
Waterman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Veki007 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:19 pm

Mussels wrote:There might be a setting on your camera to keep running x seconds after you switch off.

unfortunately there is not.so i have to think of something to do.I my actually hard wire to car charger cut the wires and do some old electric 8) 8) but if I get fed up.
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby yasser » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:56 pm

The simplest way to hard wire a dash cam is from the back of the 12v socket in the storage box. If you undo the 2 screws the tray will left out giving you access to the socket. This is connected to a normal t-plug connector and you can easily take your feed from here. You can either route you cable up the door pillar and roof linning and come out at the rear view mirror or out along the bottom of the screen. It all depends where you put your cam. This also allows your cam to carry on running 20-30 mins after locking. Cam also starts up again when you unlock.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Veki007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:50 am

yasser wrote:The simplest way to hard wire a dash cam is from the back of the 12v socket in the storage box. If you undo the 2 screws the tray will left out giving you access to the socket. This is connected to a normal t-plug connector and you can easily take your feed from here. You can either route you cable up the door pillar and roof linning and come out at the rear view mirror or out along the bottom of the screen. It all depends where you put your cam. This also allows your cam to carry on running 20-30 mins after locking. Cam also starts up again when you unlock.

Man i could kiss you now :wink: :mrgreen: just to confirm those two wires at back of lighter are positive and negative so I can connect directly?
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby yasser » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:17 am

Veki007 wrote:
yasser wrote:The simplest way to hard wire a dash cam is from the back of the 12v socket in the storage box. If you undo the 2 screws the tray will left out giving you access to the socket. This is connected to a normal t-plug connector and you can easily take your feed from here. You can either route you cable up the door pillar and roof linning and come out at the rear view mirror or out along the bottom of the screen. It all depends where you put your cam. This also allows your cam to carry on running 20-30 mins after locking. Cam also starts up again when you unlock.

Man i could kiss you now :wink: :mrgreen: just to confirm those two wires at back of lighter are positive and negative so I can connect directly?

don't connect to the back of the 12V socket but follow the wires from there to the connector, there is about 9-12 inches of loose cable, you can make connections here. The !2v socket is for accessories like satnavs and the like so its fused accordingly so it should sort you out just right.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Veki007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:32 am

yasser wrote:
Veki007 wrote:

don't connect to the back of the 12V socket but follow the wires from there to the connector, there is about 9-12 inches of loose cable, you can make connections here. The !2v socket is for accessories like satnavs and the like so its fused accordingly so it should sort you out just right.

on the end of cable can i use same connectors like on the back of the lighter.I did open but did not look in the bottom.Asking just to buy connectors on my way home
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby yasser » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:59 am

Veki007 wrote:on the end of cable can i use same connectors like on the back of the lighter.I did open but did not look in the bottom.Asking just to buy connectors on my way home

Ah, wrong info there, you just reminded me is ages since I did mine and I cant check as they've taken it away now. The connector that goes onto the back of the 12v socket is the one you want, its "T" shaped from memory and slightly offset. I got male and female connectors from auto electrical shop. They were plain "T" shaped but did fit ok. On the male connector I wired 2 wires to each terminal, this then went into the connector from the van. one set of wires went to the new female connector and back onto the rear of the 12v sock and the other will be your supply for the dashcam so make these as long or short as you like. it will make sense when you get it out and see. Hope this helps.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Veki007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:07 am

yasser wrote:
Veki007 wrote:on the end of cable can i use same connectors like on the back of the lighter.I did open but did not look in the bottom.Asking just to buy connectors on my way home

Ah, wrong info there, you just reminded me is ages since I did mine and I cant check as they've taken it away now. The connector that goes onto the back of the 12v socket is the one you want, its "T" shaped from memory and slightly offset. I got male and female connectors from auto electrical shop. They were plain "T" shaped but did fit ok. On the male connector I wired 2 wires to each terminal, this then went into the connector from the van. one set of wires went to the new female connector and back onto the rear of the 12v sock and the other will be your supply for the dashcam so make these as long or short as you like. it will make sense when you get it out and see. Hope this helps.

Yes it does.!Many thanks mate
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:34 pm

Connection done let's see if is gonna go off.
Thank for all your help guy's.
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby yasser » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Veki007 wrote:Connection done let's see if is gonna go off.
Thank for all your help guy's.

Don't forget, don't unlock to look otherwise you'll turn it on
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom