*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Instrument Cluster Fail

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Instrument Cluster Fail

Postby Fred-W » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:59 am

On my 2016 van, my speedo, rev counter, temp gauge and fuel gauge stop working.

After reading the Instrument Cluster Fail article, I check all fuses in my BCM Body Control Module fuse box and my Passenger Compartment Fuse Box, but none were blown.

Remove both earth straps from my 2 batteries and after an hour replaced them, it resolved the problem.
Ford Transit Custom DCiV SWB Limited 290 L1 2.2 TDCi 125PS
Fred-W
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby JIMMMI007 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:50 pm

r0ndo wrote:Thanks for the reply. I was able to find the fault and repair it. For posterity's sake, a shorted can bus wire in the wiring harness that goes from the dash to the IPMB (Image Processing Module B) at the back of the van was the issue. It prevented the instrument cluster and radio display from working. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future!

Hi, I think we have this fault.
I have rung for parts, no one can tell me where to find the IPMB your describe.
Please can you describe the part or have you a part number?
Regards
Jim
JIMMMI007
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby jazid » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:07 am

Newbie here, not so new to Transits (over 30 years driving them). I had this issue in a 2006 mk6 and as ABA says, there is a dry solder joint on the socket where the wiring plugs in. Nasty silver solder, I desoldered all the pins, resoldered with old school 63/47 and all is good again. Only takes half an hour to do. Infuriating when it happens!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
jazid

Postby VaporTrail » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:38 pm

ukblade wrote:Hello All,
Bought my van June '14 and it hasn't missed a beat in 40k miles............. until today.

Jumped in van and I have no instruments at all, no speedo, rev counter, gauges, digital readouts, or radio and small screen in middle of dash.
RAC spent 2 hours with van trying to find fault OBD just says Cluster no longer communcating with vehicle.

Can't get it in for checks at any local dealership until 25th so stuck for 2 weeks.
Does drive and I could use my satnav as speedo but would just have to keep it brimmed with fuel but not keen on doing that.

Can anybody help at all?

Thanks Mark

1. re-seat all the [related] fuses (2x fuse boxes behind glove box) 2. [at standstill] wiggle ignition key, because switching module may have become grimed/worn. Behind ignition barrel (entertainment stick unclips) press top+bottom to release: carefully dismantled (loose ball bearing), clean/re-grease but if copper visible then too worn, reposition bearing before fitment or [less durable] Chinese replacement £10
VaporTrail

Postby Gravstein » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:40 pm

Had the same problem on my 2015 2.2 125hp. A friend of mine that works at the local Ford dealer told me to unplugg the conector for the preheater (Eberspacher)
Every thing came back and worked as normal. I only lost my fuel range calculation in the info display.
Gravstein
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby robertpeters » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:51 pm

I had the same problem
One of the battery's under the seat was dead flat out new one on and haven't had a problem since
Hope this helps someone as took me about a month to work it out
robertpeters

Previous

Return to Transit Custom