*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby Softlips » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Vorlich wrote:I have a Furry Box™. :mrgreen:

Had a girlfriend with one of those.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Kennyb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 am

Hi not sure if all you wellhouse campervan owners are aware of an issue with the terminal blocks on the fuses located under the passenger seat ,there has been no recall as such as I only found out by accident my fridge packed up the other day and it had tripped the breaker switch in the cupboard and also blown a fuse under the seat ,I also noticed that two 30amp rated fuses were melted,fortunately I had the van booked in today for its 2nd habitation check and on arrival 9am was told oh yes we have had loads of problems blaming a faulty batch of boards but what's alarming is the NO RECALL notice surely this is a possible fire risk,so be aware check them fuses ,also I was told by the fitter it's affecting month old vans also
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Kennyb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi ,just got van back work done under warranty fitted new updated fuse board fridge super cold now ,asked about recall but the think its specific to as the say a faulty batch but worth a peak at the fuses under seat ,habitation check done £150 vat inclusive
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Vorlich wrote:Thanks, I spent 2 hours tonight chiselling and cutting the panel off. I still have to remove the dabs of Sikaflex from the roof itself. Pretty grim job, I'll be using less Sikaflex when I fit the new panel!

I've ordered a 140w panel from photonic universe to replace the 95w Amperor one.

Hard to comment on your LEDs, there are quite a few on the D250 and MXS10.
It's worth checking out the PDF manuals on the CTEK website, remove the seat if you can and get a good look at it all. There are 4 hex bolts to remove. Just spin the seat slightly to access them, then it lifts off.

After reading Vorlich post decided to check panel before a trip away. My panel too is not working. You can check without removing the seat, there is room to peer beneath.
If the van is in sunshine the lights displayed should be one green (power) and two amber (solar and battery).
If you only have the green light turn on the engine if you now have displayed a green light and three amber lights ( alternator solar and battery) or only two amber will be (alternator and battery)
I have contacted Wellhouse who have said there is a problem with the Amporer panels and will replace under warranty as long as you have your habitation certificates.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Softlips » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:27 pm

What's Years are the above affected vehicles?
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bolti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Softlips wrote:What's Years are the above affected vehicles?

Mines late 2014, 64 plate
Last edited by bolti on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Mines late 2014, 64 plate
Last edited by bolti on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Mines late 2014, 64 plate.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Anyone know how to delete Posts? :oops:
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Nederbelg » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Ask the mods! :wink:

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Juanage » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 pm

Kennyb wrote:Hi not sure if all you wellhouse campervan owners are aware of an issue with the terminal blocks on the fuses located under the passenger seat ,there has been no recall as such as I only found out by accident my fridge packed up the other day and it had tripped the breaker switch in the cupboard and also blown a fuse under the seat ,I also noticed that two 30amp rated fuses were melted,fortunately I had the van booked in today for its 2nd habitation check and on arrival 9am was told oh yes we have had loads of problems blaming a faulty batch of boards but what's alarming is the NO RECALL notice surely this is a possible fire risk,so be aware check them fuses ,also I was told by the fitter it's affecting month old vans also

I am interested in this thread. My fridge stopped working off mains but then was fine on ,aims and had been ok since. I had checked the fridge fuse and replaced it with a spare, but after some investigation using both fuses it worked ok with either. I am a bit of a biff when it comes to technical stuff but what is under the passengers seat. Also, there are people with terriers reporting the auto stop system not working. Does it have its own battery? It appears to be a bit of an odd one for the ford dealers. Also, I had a prob with my elec hook up. It fused and melted the socket. I have replaced the plug now ant it seems fine, but again, anything with wiggly amps worries me.
Juanage

Lunar buys Wellhouse Leisure

Postby johnjl » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Wellhouse Leisure and Lunar Caravans are set to form a new venture, Lunar Campers. The purchase of Wellhouse by Lunar will allow new campervan models to be developed and manufactured at Wellhouse's existing factory near Huddersfield.

Production of the Ford Terrier models will move to Lunar's preston site in late 2017, allowing the company to make 400 models a year, as demand for these models has outgrown the Huddersfield facility.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motor ... se-leisure

mmm, not sure how this will effect us if true. It sounds more like a joint venture than a sale.
johnjl

Postby Kennyb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi, juanage get the leisure battery checked it could be faulty ,I'm still having problems with my fridge,after having the work done and the habitation check, I was off to Norwich spending 5 nights without electrics the fridge packed up ,phoned wellhouse and told the fridges are volt sensitive they need a good 12 volts ,my volt meter was showing 11.5v ,I was going on to Keswick for 12 nights with electrics and was told the run from Norwich to Keswick would do the battery fine ,which it did the fridge was working but two nights into my stay the fridge give up again so contacted wellhouse again and explained again and was told again to do some checks over the phone but this time my volt meter is showing 11volts ,so he said that it looks like the charging systems look good but the battery appears to have lost a couple of cells and won't hold the charge and apparently the battery isn't covered under the warranty? odd because it's less than two year old but because of the work carried out and with the fuse board melting possibly damaging the battery as a good will gesture the will replace the battery free of charge will update the outcome after its replaced on the 8 th of august and ref stop a start mine hasn't worked properly from day one it's been back into Ford umpteen times ,if you read your hand book there is lots of reason's why it won't work ,battery below 75% ,heated seat,window on,outside temp to low ,they say there is nothing wrong and just reset it ,it works for a couple of times then packs in so I just do without to be honest I can't be #rsed anymore best of luck with your fridge
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby snowie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi everyone. Just want to add my name to the list of Wellhouse Terrier owners. I have the Terrier 2 Sport in the 'Race Red' colours. It's our first camper, and although I should be over the moon with it, being the ultimate pessimist, I'm still pretty wary. Got off to a bad start 50 miles from Wellhouse showroom with constant 'service required' alarms. First 88 days of ownership, it spent 43 days in Ford dealers in Inverness. Eventually had 5 fuel injectors replaced and hopefully the 'Ford' side of the van now okay. (I know there are only 4 injectors in the engine, but if you read my post 'Brand New Euro 6 transit problems' from 23.03.17, you'll understand why 5 were changed).
Interestingly, also had some 'Wellhouse' problems, a few of which have been mentioned here. The roof catches for one. Originally had the twist 'butterfly' catches, which continuously came undone. These were changed to the pull straps by Wellhouse, which seems to have solved the problem. Question is, mine is a 2017 van, and Wellhouse knew this was a problem, why were they still fitting them?
Also had the drawer under the rear seat flying out on an emergency stop. Again repaired by Wellhouse.
I had a few other problems along with these, (a list of 6 altogether), and on a holiday trip down south, dropped it off at Wellhouse factory, and they fixed them all in a day. It was a very good service, and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for good customer service.
A problem I never knew I had however was the rattle from the back of the rear seat when no one is sitting in it. I had never noticed it, but was told they had a 'fix' for it. Sure enough, it was silent when I got it back. However, after using it a few times, the rattle is now worse than ever, and driving me crazy. Anyone else have this problem?
Lots of good info, tips and advice here, so thanks.
I should also add, that my van has the new Euro 6 130PS engine, with the 'Adblue' in it. Despite all the good words from Ford UK, Wellhouse and Ford dealer, who all tell me I should be getting around 40 mpg, I still, despite 'super careful' driving, still only manage 29-33 mpg measured accurately at the pump. Not very good, especially as one of the reasons the wife said 'okay' to letting me buy it, was that I told her it would get around 40 mpg! And, back in the early 1970's I drove an ancient old petrol engined transit, and was getting about 28 mpg then. Ford progress eh!
Off now to buy some 'fabsil' for net weeks trip to Mull.
Cheers.
snowie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby FlyCatcher » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 pm

When luna take over, will our campers still keep the name wellhouse terrier, or luna terrier with the wellhouse name gone forever , or do you think they may be just luna camper ???
FlyCatcher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom