*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby Pugs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:17 am

Well my camper is up for sale, it's not being used as much nowadays what with one thing or the other and sat on the drive not doing owt. Tried using it for a wee while for short commute to work but parking up in limited space is just too much hassle (and likely to get dented) and not practical, so hopefully it will sell at a reasonable amount. The money will go towards a 5 door Jeep Wrangler JL...due out very shortly. Since ferry reductions to the inner\outer hebrides has fallen or same amount for 5m+ vans, all the usual places were overrun with large motorhomes, so 4x4 will get us away from the crowd. Skye is a no no nowadays during peak season with some right dirty barstewards leaving literally 'crap' on every off road parking area...thats not why i bought a camper for
Wellhouse Terrier Transit Custom
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby devilman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:59 am

Have we done MTPLM and payloads yet? I'm wondering now how much we can load into a terrier before it is illegal. There have been some horror stories coming out of the NEC of motor homes that only have a 200KG payload. Has anyone weighed their empty terrier? I'm presuming they are plated at 3500KG but wonder after all the conversion has been fitted how much weight there is for us and kit.
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pugs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm

That has crossed my mind about weight, I'm sure i saw somewhere that you have 300 - 600kg to play with, cant remember but going to be like that with alot of conversions, is it applicable to non commercial vehicles..which it is.
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby yasser » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:47 pm

devilman wrote:Have we done MTPLM and payloads yet? I'm wondering now how much we can load into a terrier before it is illegal. There have been some horror stories coming out of the NEC of motor homes that only have a 200KG payload. Has anyone weighed their empty terrier? I'm presuming they are plated at 3500KG but wonder after all the conversion has been fitted how much weight there is for us and kit.

Have a look at the plate because it might not be 3500kg. I think the maximum within the custom range is the 330 which has a gross vehicle weight of 3325kg. To get the 3500kg g.v.weight and above you had to go for the transit mk8 so unless the terrier has been uprated you might be confined to the lower weights
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Softlips » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Payload Is 420 Kgs
MTPLM is 3000 Kgs

This was the pre Euro 5 versions. Adblu could reduce it I guess.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby devilman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Has anyone got the leisure battery wiring diagram? Mine went flat last weekend when camping in a very cold, snowy field. It's coming back up to 12v slowly but I thought the drive back would have done this. On checking the lights on the CTEK dual I get solar and service battery lights but no alternator battery light even when the engine is running. Normal battery voltage is 13V so it's not flat and the stop/start works fine. I checked all the fuses under the passenger seat and they are all fine but I'm stumped as to where to check next without the wiring. Can anyone help please?
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Contact Wellhouse for a copy of the wiring diagram.
As for the stop start function that should be a separate battery to the leisure battery, located beneath the drivers seat. Although l don't know of any one that has looked under to confirm.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pugs » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 pm

devilman wrote:Has anyone got the leisure battery wiring diagram? Mine went flat last weekend when camping in a very cold, snowy field. It's coming back up to 12v slowly but I thought the drive back would have done this. On checking the lights on the CTEK dual I get solar and service battery lights but no alternator battery light even when the engine is running. Normal battery voltage is 13V so it's not flat and the stop/start works fine. I checked all the fuses under the passenger seat and they are all fine but I'm stumped as to where to check next without the wiring. Can anyone help please?

Keep an eye on that and hope that the alternator isn't going, did on mine, luckily under warranty but would have cost around 750 (fitted) if not!!! I've read on here that 'smart' alternators should not be servicing split charged systems, if that is the case WH have really mucked up along with Ford, since it's in Ford dealerships.
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby devilman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Pugs wrote:
devilman wrote:Has anyone got the leisure battery wiring diagram? Mine went flat last weekend when camping in a very cold, snowy field. It's coming back up to 12v slowly but I thought the drive back would have done this. On checking the lights on the CTEK dual I get solar and service battery lights but no alternator battery light even when the engine is running. Normal battery voltage is 13V so it's not flat and the stop/start works fine. I checked all the fuses under the passenger seat and they are all fine but I'm stumped as to where to check next without the wiring. Can anyone help please?

Keep an eye on that and hope that the alternator isn't going, did on mine, luckily under warranty but would have cost around 750 (fitted) if not!!! I've read on here that 'smart' alternators should not be servicing split charged systems, if that is the case WH have really mucked up along with Ford, since it's in Ford dealerships.

The CTEK dual that is fitted is not a split charger as such, more a battery to battery charger. I don't know about the main and starter batterries though. There doesn't appear to be an issue with the alternator as the main batteries and the start stop seem fine, it's just the leisure one. I had it on hook up over the weekend and it's flying at 13V now so all is good there. I can tell from the lights on the CTEK that solar is workiong, albeit poorly at this time of year here in the North of Scotland. It just appears that there is no input from the main battery/alternator to the leisure battery. I'll contact wellhouse later today. It's not urgent as I have no off grid camping planned for a while.
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby devilman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Just for completeness if anyone was following this. My fuse block was fine. The issue was a spade connector had come loose at the back. The garage replaced it and reconnected it and all is charging as it should be. 3 orange LEDs with the engine running. I'm pissed off I never spotted it myself. The feed from the alternator/main battery comes via an inline fuse next to the drivers seat. It's in a rubber holder and is 30A and then goes to the left 30A fuse of the block of 8 under the passenger seat. That's where it had come off. A wiring diagram would have made diagnosing this simple. If anyone has one I promise I won't make it publicly available if they were to PM it to me.
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pugs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:50 pm

Thanks to all and goodbye, thats my Terrier sold now.

I'm downsizing and ordering a Toyata Alphard from https://www.ecocampers.com/hybrid-1/, something that wil get us under 2m height restrictions and more importantly will fit poxy new house garages instead of having to sit outside over winter and all that entails if it's not used for a month or two. Oh and it's a 4x4

Good luck all on your adventures
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Good travels Pugs.
My Terrier is also sold, I have moved onto a 5.4m Rapido PVC. Not being able to stand up or wash finally got too much.
Though I still like to drop in to the forum to see how things are going and the latest adventures of BJT.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johnjl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 pm

Just out of curiosity guys. How did your Vans hold their resale value?
Also did you sell privately of trade in?

Just weighing up the options for when I sell mine.

Thanks

John
johnjl

Postby Pugs » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:00 am

bolti wrote:Good travels Pugs.
My Terrier is also sold, I have moved onto a 5.4m Rapido PVC. Not being able to stand up or wash finally got too much.
Though I still like to drop in to the forum to see how things are going and the latest adventures of BJT.

Thanks bud, good luck on your new wagon
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pugs » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:03 am

johnjl wrote:Just out of curiosity guys. How did your Vans hold their resale value?
Also did you sell privately of trade in?

Just weighing up the options for when I sell mine.

Thanks

John

I sold privately and got 36k for a 3 year old van, not to bad but originally i put it up for 37.5k but was directly competing with WH Terrier Sports at that price, direct from Wellhouse. Did have a quite a few extras on it, like leather, 155ps, winter pack and a load of accessories chucked in to the new owner
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom