*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

water ingress

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: water ingress

Postby ethrty » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:53 am

Mine had a water deflecter fitted last time i was in for a service. I went to pick the van up and suprised to find the headlight out, they were just putting it in as i arrived, they said they had just fitted the update part. They also replaced a few of the terminals for free as well.
ethrty
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Veki007 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:36 pm

ethrty wrote:Mine had a water deflecter fitted last time i was in for a service. I went to pick the van up and suprised to find the headlight out, they were just putting it in as i arrived, they said they had just fitted the update part. They also replaced a few of the terminals for free as well.

Can we have some pictures please?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Eurotransit » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:01 am

And if it's really effective: part no perhaps?
Eurotransit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:12 am

Yes please! Any info or pics appreciated
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ethrty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

yes can do
ethrty
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Jvic28 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi folks. There is an water ingress recall might be worth checking if you need it. Get it free then :-)
Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:04 pm

Jvic28 wrote:Hi folks. There is an water ingress recall might be worth checking if you need it. Get it free then :-)

What does it consist of? Or to put it another way. What do they actually do?
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jvic28 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:11 pm

It's fitting a water diverter and air filter if wet.
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jvic28 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Oh bum. I take it back. It's not customs. Just Transit. Sorry. Didn't realise what board I was on.
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Flatfour1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:09 pm

Pics as promised.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flatfour1
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby khould » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks for the pics, does the mod work, if so ill contact my local ford dealer to see if they can be fitted

Kev
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Flatfour1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:47 pm

I have only fitted this to the near side to protect the ECU and so far the whole area does stay dry.
All it is is a couple of sheets of self adhesive sound deadening material ( sourced from eBay for another project ) that are stuck to each other then to the rear of the bulkhead and inner wing.
When the weather warms up and dries out a bit I am going to put a small amount of black silicone sealant on the lower 3/4 cm of the channel to the lower end of the front screen and try and deflect the water from this ' gap' onto the bottom of the screen and into the plastic scuttle and away via the correct ducts.
Flatfour1
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby khould » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:04 pm

ethrty wrote:Mine had a water deflecter fitted last time i was in for a service. I went to pick the van up and suprised to find the headlight out, they were just putting it in as i arrived, they said they had just fitted the update part. They also replaced a few of the terminals for free as well.

Hi ethrty, just wondered if you have any more info on the mod you have had done, could you possibly post some pics so we can see what Ford have come up with. Does it work??
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby khould » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:08 pm

Flatfour1 wrote:I have only fitted this to the near side to protect the ECU and so far the whole area does stay dry.
All it is is a couple of sheets of self adhesive sound deadening material ( sourced from eBay for another project ) that are stuck to each other then to the rear of the bulkhead and inner wing.
When the weather warms up and dries out a bit I am going to put a small amount of black silicone sealant on the lower 3/4 cm of the channel to the lower end of the front screen and try and deflect the water from this ' gap' onto the bottom of the screen and into the plastic scuttle and away via the correct ducts.

Sorry about my previous post, I thought you were the guy who had the mod done by ford, still a good mod though and if it works may be way to go.
Im having some side windows fitted next Saturday and will ask the fitter about a rubber surround around the front screen to help with the water deflection into the correct area.

Kev
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby abcdef » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:14 pm

Sorry to bump an old post but did Ford ever come up with a mod for this issue? I've recently had to change my BCM.
abcdef
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Transit Custom