*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

After a van, question about getting a motocross bike in.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: After a van, question about getting a motocross bike in.

Postby vanvliet » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 am

Yep, LWB makes a lot of sense and in the DViC you get opening windows in the rear too
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Andys25 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Did you get the L2 crew cab? I'm after a van specifically for shifting MX bikes. I'd like to get 2 adult mx and a junior in one plus gear?
Andys25

Postby Ktm290 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:54 am

Hello there
New to the group, I’m also looking to get my l2 h1 but have read that you can get two full size mx bikes in a double cab with bulkhead. I am desperate to see a picture of this please as if not I am going to have to use the flip down seats but no bulkhead.
Any pictures out there guys as no demo vans about at the mo with the current virus

Thanks
Ktm290

Postby APW » Fri May 15, 2020 12:33 pm

The DCIV L2 has a load length of 1872mm between the middle/top of the bulkhead and rear doors, and at floor level it’s longer at 1944mm... So providing your bikes are shorter than this they'll go in.

I would take a picture for you but my van is currently at the dealers having a service!!
APW
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jackanson » Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 pm

The reverse camera is real good if you can get one - lets you park within inches of an obstacle. Though of an auto? I had a Limited bought new in 2016 then bought a new facelift Sport. Test drove an auto (can also be driven manually with the +/- buttons on the gear knob.) However, never use it manually, the auto is so good and easy. Like you I use it mainly to get to motocross racing/practice. One of my friends just bought a new MSRT crew cab (£51000 gulp) and he specced the auto box as well. I managed to get a set of 20" MSport alloys but there are pretty good lookalikes in both 18 and 20 available now. Also the 18" standard Sport alloys look nice. Good luck with your van, took me a while to get mine built as I added virtually every option to it. Bob
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jackanson » Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm

Oops, out of sequence. Ignore.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Custom