*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ignition barrel

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Ignition barrel

Postby moley551 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Has anyone had problems with the ignition key/steering lock, I got stuck for 30mins with the lock jammed before it just feed of and is now working normally. I have spoken to Ford for a quote, lock rebuild kit is £35+vat and £85+vat labour, my concern is the fault, may be the steering lock mechanism rather than just the lock barrel.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Ignition barrel

Postby BHM » Wed May 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Mines got a bit naff over the past couple of weeks...not quite 30 mins though...

warrantee ends in about a week :shock:

BHM
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby demi34 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:11 pm

I had same thing happen to me 5 days ago mate.
demi34
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby vespaloco » Thu May 11, 2017 10:34 am

And me waiting for new barrel from Ford,
vespaloco
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Nederbelg » Sat May 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Here the same: Sometimes it takes literally minutes to get the #@d Van startet. Sure enough it worked perfectly at the dealer.

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby moley551 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Just for extra fun the sliding door has decided to f@#$ up, can't open it, no warning message saying it's open but the horn sounds when you lock it? My van has full racking across the rear doors so no easy access,
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby S60r » Sun May 14, 2017 7:32 am

My near side slider is similar. It locks and opens but the van has no idea that it exists! When the door opens no lights come on, but drive around a big right hander and the "side door open" warning comes on with all the internal lights. So I'm guessing the same sensor problem as yours but mine has defaulted in the closed position and yours is open. Hopefully just the push to break sensor but I can't find it to have a fiddle.

No time to take it to Ford. I have driven by and asked if they will order one under warranty but they want the van in for a day to diagnose it first. No chance.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby BHM » Sun May 14, 2017 8:35 am

S60r wrote:My near side slider is similar. It locks and opens but the van has no idea that it exists! When the door opens no lights come on, but drive around a big right hander and the "side door open" warning comes on with all the internal lights. So I'm guessing the same sensor problem as yours but mine has defaulted in the closed position and yours is open. Hopefully just the push to break sensor but I can't find it to have a fiddle.

No time to take it to Ford. I have driven by and asked if they will order one under warranty but they want the van in for a day to diagnose it first. No chance.

Had one of mine break, just bought a new one £14 ish from Frauds....

to warrantee claim was toooo much agro.

BHM
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Sun May 14, 2017 8:50 am

BHM wrote:
S60r wrote:My near side slider is similar. It locks and opens but the van has no idea that it exists! When the door opens no lights come on, but drive around a big right hander and the "side door open" warning comes on with all the internal lights. So I'm guessing the same sensor problem as yours but mine has defaulted in the closed position and yours is open. Hopefully just the push to break sensor but I can't find it to have a fiddle.

Had one of mine break, just bought a new one £14 ish from Frauds....

to warrantee claim was toooo much agro.

BHM

Thanks BHM.... where is the switch?? Is the the 3 metal prong sprung connector on the b pillar? If so I can't get it off due to never seen before security screws.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby moley551 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:07 am

My strees meter is now well in the red, I've got to work on a Sunday to get a supply in for tomorrow...the way it's going I will be fitting a side window very soon ffffffing van
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Bobthecat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:28 am

moley551 wrote:Has anyone had problems with the ignition key/steering lock, I got stuck for 30mins with the lock jammed before it just feed of and is now working normally. I have spoken to Ford for a quote, lock rebuild kit is £35+vat and £85+vat labour, my concern is the fault, may be the steering lock mechanism rather than just the lock barrel.

Just had it replaced, trust ford said it was dust in the barrel, but now can't lock or unlock the van using the fob, the battery in the fob is recharged when the key is put in the ignition, van is 2 week out of warranty, booked in for next Friday, will wait and see what crap there going to tell me
Bobthecat

Postby Andrus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:05 pm

had same problem. Ignition key did not turn. took minute or so to get it running.
In evening remembered it and sprayed some würth multispray in.
Stoopid thing was that straw did not come out and I used pliers to pull it out. :oops:
My brain did not worked and lock cut part of straw inside lock.
I think it cut about 2 cm spray straw ...
nothing else to do.... or loose .... used force to apply key to lock and somehow got it turn and get it running.
like 10 minutes or so... Drove home and
2 days applying spray and cleaners and turning key and looks like I got it running somehow ... :mrgreen:
Andrus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom