*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2018 custom

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: 2018 custom

Postby Marky M » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:34 am

Veki007 wrote:
Marky M wrote:Mine was deliverd Monday. And went yesterday to the company how will make the adjustments for me.
Looking nice is that dciv?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No. Only cab with 2 single seats. The panel will also be removed, so that I can access the van from the back with my wheelchair. I'll post some pics when the van is done.
Ford Transit Custom Sport 2018
* L2H1
* Chrome blue and stripes
* Customised for wheelchair accessibility/driving
* 20" Bola B20 Black polished
* K&N insert filter
* Led lights
https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=189567
Marky M
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mic71 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Nice that.
The chrome blue is the best colour I've seen so far on the sport. Although there is a defused silver one on you tube somewhere that looks pretty tasty...
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Marky M wrote:
Veki007 wrote:
Marky M wrote:Mine was deliverd Monday. And went yesterday to the company how will make the adjustments for me.
Looking nice is that dciv?

No. Only cab with 2 single seats. The panel will also be removed, so that I can access the van from the back with my wheelchair. I'll post some pics when the van is done.
Thanks it looks very nice the more of them i see on the road the more im happier with my decision of colour.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ginjez » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 am

Collected mine on Friday from Stoneacre York and can recommend them. I dealt with Kevin.
It was absolutely pouring down so everything was explained to me in a van in the showroom. The drive back to Huddersfield was without incident but she was filthy.
First thoughts - it's a lovely place to be for the journey. I thought the removal of the lid above binacle was a backward step but now I've got it I don't think it is too bad. The sync 3 is far superior to the old system but the steering wheel controls are a little fiddly compared to old model. There is now a huge blind spot in the front screen to cater for auto sensors. If it was a sticker of that size it would fail an MOT. The door handles are a vast improvement and should prevent the door being snatched in high winds. I did find the new seat fabric to be a bit slippy but I'll see now I've got covers fitted.
Externally, the direction lamps are now in the fog lamps, there is lever in the cab for bonnet release and the pimple on the roof above driver is for wifi. Still got an external arial which is a pain when using the roof bars. It's a shame the rear lights aren't LED and the top section of the cluster would benefit from some sidelight illumination. The side loading door is now a lot tidier and the mechanism doesn't spoil the appearance of the van.
ginjez

Postby bailric » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm

mic71 wrote:Nice that.
The chrome blue is the best colour I've seen so far on the sport. Although there is a defused silver one on you tube somewhere that looks pretty tasty...

I am picking up a diffused silver 300 Limited on Tuesday - will share some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bailric

Postby robtran » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Good observations mate very helpful.
robtran

Postby mic71 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:56 pm

Here is mine.
Was back at the dealership Tuesday to Friday.
They where checking over the cooling system after the breakdown incident on Monday.
Thought I would share some photos after I gave it a clean Sunday morning.
I'm loving the android auto on the sync 3.
Using waze as my sat nav is great.
Not having to be tied into the manufactures sat nav is great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mic71 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:00 pm

ginjez wrote:Collected mine on Friday from Stoneacre York and can recommend them. I dealt with Kevin.
It was absolutely pouring down so everything was explained to me in a van in the showroom. The drive back to Huddersfield was without incident but she was filthy.
First thoughts - it's a lovely place to be for the journey. I thought the removal of the lid above binacle was a backward step but now I've got it I don't think it is too bad. The sync 3 is far superior to the old system but the steering wheel controls are a little fiddly compared to old model. There is now a huge blind spot in the front screen to cater for auto sensors. If it was a sticker of that size it would fail an MOT. The door handles are a vast improvement and should prevent the door being snatched in high winds. I did find the new seat fabric to be a bit slippy but I'll see now I've got covers fitted.
Externally, the direction lamps are now in the fog lamps, there is lever in the cab for bonnet release and the pimple on the roof above driver is for wifi. Still got an external arial which is a pain when using the roof bars. It's a shame the rear lights aren't LED and the top section of the cluster would benefit from some sidelight illumination. The side loading door is now a lot tidier and the mechanism doesn't spoil the appearance of the van.

The direction lamps aren't in the foglights on mine?
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 pm

mic71 wrote:
ginjez wrote:Collected mine on Friday from Stoneacre York and can recommend them. I dealt with Kevin.

The direction lamps aren't in the foglights on mine?
They should be as on facelift only in hids headlights they come as a built in into headlights.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mic71 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 pm

I don't have hids.
As these where an option on the facelift custom.
Direction indicators are in the main headlamp assembly.
Direction lamps/cornering lights are the fog lights illuminating.
This was the same on the no 1 custom.?
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Indicators are in headlight unit but cornering lights in non hid headlights are in fog lights while in hid headlights are built in headlight unit.On previous custom cornering lights are buit in headlight unit ,but cornering lights (direction light) and direction indicators are two different thing.
mic71 wrote:I don't have hids.
As these where an option on the facelift custom.
Direction indicators are in the main headlamp assembly.
Direction lamps/cornering lights are the fog lights illuminating.
This was the same on the no 1 custom.?

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Veki007 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 pm

mic71 wrote:Here is mine.
Was back at the dealership Tuesday to Friday.
They where checking over the cooling system after the breakdown incident on Monday.
Thought I would share some photos after I gave it a clean Sunday morning.
I'm loving the android auto on the sync 3.
Using waze as my sat nav is great.
Not having to be tied into the manufactures sat nav is great.
Looks very good.

Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ginjez » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:43 pm

Direction / cornering lamps definitely in fog lights. I've no HIDs, just the standard halogen unit on the Limited.
ginjez

Postby mic71 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:21 pm

looks great but proving to be a sack of sh@t.
i am waiting for the AA to come out again as tonight it wont start.
no dash lights. wont turn over. strangely the radio wont turn off.??
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ginjez » Wed May 09, 2018 8:21 pm

500 miles in and all good. Showing 35mpg on the dash and loving the sync3. Voice commands for navigation are a real bonus.
ginjez

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom