*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Van locking & horn sounding with door open

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Van locking & horn sounding with door open

Postby richbee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:31 am

Hope someone can help with this, Euro 6 17 plate DCIV

Drove to work this morning after a week away without using the van - after 60 miles, I turned it off and it sounded like the doors locked as soon as I turned the key off.

When I opened the driver door, the horn started sounding and the doors locking & unlocking every 1 or 2 seconds.
If I shut the door it stops, but the doors are locked, the only way to get in is to press the unlock and open the door quickly before it locks itself again after 1 second. The horn starts again and the locking/unlocking!
If I put the key in it stops, but i'm a bit concerned - anyone had this before - any suggestions, apart from calling the Ford delaer
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Van locking & horn sounding with door open

Postby moley551 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 am

If it's been raining when the van was left, I'd guess water in something like the Ecu under the bonnet, If it's been dry maybe, Roland has paid you a visit the bugger has been eating my van, he's even started on the air filter element. :(
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Deancleaveruk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:13 pm

I've been experiencing the same thing for 2 days now!!

I'm struggling to unlock my van at times and the fob just unlocks then locks straight away.
Then when I finally do open the van, the van beeps constantly and the van keep trying to lock itself....
It will only stop when either putting the key in the ignition or shutting the doors.
Driving my neighbours crazy at 4.30am!!
Anyone had any luck with this ? water ingress somewhere ?

I've got a 17 plate transit custom 310 limited
Deancleaveruk

Postby Mistersteviechen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:23 pm

I've got exactly the same problem with my 18 plate Limited 310 DCIV. Just started happening yesterday.

Did you guys find a fix for this?
Mistersteviechen

Postby richbee » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:15 pm

Mine never did it again after that one time.....so far

Only thing I think I noticed is that the internal door locking button was pressed - normally I don't use it, so is normally off. Can't really see why that would make any difference
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby James Remo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:33 pm

Same thing happened to me today, 67 plate limited. Any input / solutions before I go to the main stealer?
James Remo

Postby Rededshred » Tue May 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Anyone help me with same problem please? Van just locks all the time. If I open the doors it just beeps and keeps on locking. (2016 340 transit custom) . I think water is getting in somewhere as it rained real heavy today and I noticed some water got in somehow on the passenger side, Seemed to be coming from the glove box area. Any ideas to help me or do I need to go into the dealership?
Rededshred

Postby M8STU » Thu May 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Hi, exact same problem I’ve had today, by any chance did you find out how to fix it?
Thanks
M8STU

Postby Squrriel33 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:27 pm

I just had this problem. I went under bonnet and disconnected the main wires next to fuse box and connected them again and it's seemed to sort it for now
Squrriel33

Postby Brettbear63 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:07 am

if a door is open or , if it thinks one is open it will beep when you lock it , mine does it occasionally , keeps the neighbours on their toes :D
Brettbear63
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby APW » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:11 am

Brettbear63 wrote:if a door is open or , if it thinks one is open it will beep when you lock it , mine does it occasionally , keeps the neighbours on their toes :D

Please read the thread fully before posting…… This issue has nothing to do with the van thinking a door is open:
As soon as you try and UNLOCK the van it relocks itself straight away and sounds the horn. Unlocking with a key in the lock results in the van locking and unlocking every second or two until the key is no-longer turned, all the above makes it hard to enter/exit the van.

My 2018 LTD 310 DCIV did this once when it was about 18 months old but has not done it since, and I believe (I could be wrong) the BCM security update recall also addressed this issue.
APW
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Transitwashington » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:29 pm

Hey Y'all,

I have been having this issue on my 2023 transit. This is the only place on transit forums where this issue is discussed.

We had rain the day before and the car got driven a moderate amount the day before.

Around 7AM the next morning (no rain) the car started locking insistently and beeping while I was laying in bed.

I had to use the unlock feature from the key fob and time it with the locking of the car to get in.

Once in, I started the van and it just continued to lock (Less beeping though). I went and drove it on the free way and it stopped.

Once I slowed down and threw it into reverse or park in the driveway the locking started again. Eventually it stopped after about 2:30 hrs total.

The dealer is stumped and no error codes ever presented themselves.

This is the second time this has happened, the first was about 2 months ago and the incident lasted about 2 hrs.

I took ownership of the van in July from the dealer. No modifications to the electrical system.

I never saw a formal conclusion to this issue in the above topics. Some thought it was water intrusion others thought maybe it was the BCM. Has someone who experienced the issue been able to get an official diagnosis?

Really appreciate the help!
Transitwashington

Postby Damian Kimmins » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:48 pm

I suffered this having had a bit of a dodgy windscreen replacement. Water had gotten in to the Body Control Module and the van started doing a whole manner of things. I believe on a right hand drive van the BCM is located on the drivers side of the vehicle close to the bottle holder. The windscreen was replaced, the BCM dried out and no issues from then on. The other way water might get in to that area is if you've had a roof rack fitted and the bolt in that corner is loose.
Damian Kimmins
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Transitwashington » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:10 pm

Thanks for the thought and idea! I’ll run that by the dealer. No roof rack but still could be the same issue!

I’ll take a look!

Thanks!
Transitwashington

Return to Transit Custom