*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New sport delivery times

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

New sport delivery times

Postby fordrock » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Has any one a new custom sport on order from factory as i have one on order since May 8th and still waiting for build date just wondering if anybody now's what delivery times are was told approximately 16 weeks thanks Clive
fordrock

Re: New sport delivery times

Postby Trasher83 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Ordered mine in January, and got it in June. Production started in march IIRC
Trasher83
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Apengelly » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:07 pm

My firm placed an order for a bog standard Limited for me end of March. Was told 15-16 weeks. I’m still waiting...

Current estimate is middle of September.
Apengelly
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Elecsafe » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:10 am

Clive, yes im pretty much in the same boat. I originally bought a DCIV limited as it was in dealer stock, however come the pick up day (1st time id seen the van) I was not happy as it looked it had been repaired. Cut a long story short no other limited DCIV's in orange glow anywhere in the country so on the basis that it was a long wait for either a limited or sport, I ordered a DCIV sport with a few extras. That was 10th June.

Last update was expected delivery late sept/early October. TBH as much as id like the new van to be here, im coping with the wait as I have ordered what I want and in hindsight it should turn out better than the limited. Albeit costing more.

If you can truly believe the dealers then depending on what options you have it adds to the lead time. In the end I went with roofrack, LEDs in load compartment, electric adjustable seat pack, sat nav, stop start, adaptive cruise, single tailgate and 240 inverter. Extra three weeks just because of the tailgate and adaptive cruise for some reason?

Hey ho, its almost September.
Elecsafe
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 am

Elecsafe wrote: Extra three weeks just because of the tailgate

Different body shell? Maybe they wait until they have a certain number?

As you say, it'll be worth the wait as you'll get exactly what you want.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Stoney891 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Ordered new shape sport in November 17 as soon as the book opened and I’m
Picking it up Saturday!!!!!! :shock:
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fordrock » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:50 am

Wow!!A long wait what model sport colour and spec did you order!!! Hope i don't have to wait that long thanks for replys Clive
fordrock

Postby Jamborello » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 pm

I have a Limited 130 auto on order via a leasing company, the order was placed the first week in February and I still don’t have a delivery date.
Jamborello

Postby fordrock » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Hopefully good news!!! Dealer phoned to say build date is October 5th eta 4 weeks later fingers crossed!!! Now have to sell my sport ??-
fordrock

Postby Elecsafe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Fordrock, that sounds about right, I checked with the dealer today and ETA with them is 5th November. Total of seven weeks slippage from original delivery date.
Elecsafe
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby GTelectrical » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:36 pm

I ordered an Orange sport 2 weeks ago, my mate in the garage said there were two in the dealer that had been a cancelled order in Magnetic so I went and bought one today. It should have it plylined and on the road by the end of the week.
Still one left in Fordthorne Cardiff.
Ask for Kelvyn Jones.
GTelectrical

Postby Jackanson » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:46 pm

I've just taken delivery of a new Sport after a 5 month wait. I'd added adaptive cruise control, BLIS, single tailgate, automatic box and led load lighting (really bright!). Dealer paid for the ply lining, Well worth the wait Sold my minted low mileage 2016 Limited (which I'd bought new) privately for a good price. Had 20" M Sport black OZs on it for summer use and these have now been stored away for next summer. Pleased insurance group is same as the 125 Limited.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mic71 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Jackanson wrote:I've just taken delivery of a new Sport after a 5 month wait. I'd added adaptive cruise control, BLIS, single tailgate, automatic box and led load lighting (really bright!). Dealer paid for the ply lining, Well worth the wait Sold my minted low mileage 2016 Limited (which I'd bought new) privately for a good price. Had 20" M Sport black OZs on it for summer use and these have now been stored away for next summer. Pleased insurance group is same as the 125 Limited.

would be good to see some pics please.
of the 20s on your limited and the new van.
i have just ordered sport with exact same extras as you although no led load lights.(am taking them out of this van i have now)
(look after the pennies and the pounds will sort themselves out :lol: )
would really like to get my hands on some m sport /msrt wheels for it.....
any body know of any going?
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mic71 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:02 pm

Jackanson wrote:I've just taken delivery of a new Sport after a 5 month wait. I'd added adaptive cruise control, BLIS, single tailgate, automatic box and led load lighting (really bright!). Dealer paid for the ply lining, Well worth the wait Sold my minted low mileage 2016 Limited (which I'd bought new) privately for a good price. Had 20" M Sport black OZs on it for summer use and these have now been stored away for next summer. Pleased insurance group is same as the 125 Limited.

i have ordered the adaptive cruise control for mine.
can you tell me if it now includes traffic sign recognition on your instrument cluster screen?
I can make the doorbell ring any time I want, all I have to do is go to the toilet.
mic71
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Jackanson » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:20 am

Hi, yes it recognises the speed limit signs and displays the info on your instrument cluster. The BLIS system also includes cross traffic recognition which displays lights in you mirror and an alarm for reversing out of spaces if there is a vehicle or pedestrian in the zone. Clever. Best way to get the OZ alloys is get someone you know with an M Sport to buy them for you then square them up. They are entitled to buy them. You can buy rims pretty similar but not OZs. Meant to say the van is orange to match my KTM motocross bikes lol. It is wow quick and doubt I'll ever user the M part of the auto box.
Jackanson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Transit Custom