*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear Quarter Stone chips

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Rear Quarter Stone chips

Postby Elecsafe » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:14 am

Been reading in one of the facebook groups that the rear quarters on the custom are very prone to stone chips and front mudflaps are a must.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Thanks
Elecsafe
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Rear Quarter Stone chips

Postby bigjohnthomas » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:31 am

Rear quarters,the bumper things down below?
Mine are all good ,perfect it's got little flappers on the back though
Though they came with those :?

Front Mudflaps are for pussies btw
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wild camper » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:06 pm

I have had no problems with stone chips on the rear quarter but my near side front mud flap was torn off, I tried 2 suppliers who said they were OE parts but when they came they were just “universal” mud flaps and I returned them.
I found Evolution Car Spares UK Ltd of Warspite Road London check EBay for part no.1915642, that’s for front nearside only, but it’ll bring up front pair too.
I’d be more concerned about stonechips to the bonnet, mine was peppered with them, I bought a smoked acrylic stone chip protector from Trade Van Accessories, they’ve got a good website where you drill down to what you want. It was £39.99 there’ll probably be shipping on top, I thought it was good value and well designed how it fits without drilling or sticky tape, I think it looks smart against Moondust Siver. I wish I’d fitted it earlier before the stonechips.
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sparker000 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 am

I have some stone grazes on the rear arch straight above the wheel. Most of the marks should polish out but a couple of small lines are a little deeper but not through the paint. I have front flaps but have fitted 18" wheels. I believe the wheel being a little wider and not have sport trim means that a stone flicked up on the outer edge of the tire can just skim the arch. Glad Ford put stone protection on the lower leading edge of the front doors as this must get grit blasted by the front wheels.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom