*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom Tourneo Rear Heater Panel

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom Tourneo Rear Heater Panel

Postby kevsussex » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:58 pm

I had a mad idea to put in some blue LED ambient lighting in the rear light fittings. I've already squeezed some blue LEDs into the centre lights. I thought I could easily draw some power from the rear heater control panel which lights up with the ignition which would be ideal but I can't get the panel off to look at the wiring. I can release one side but then it seems to be pulling the whole casing down so I'm scared of breaking it. Any ideas or has anyone done anything similar (and easy)? Even if I could would I be able to find a way through the headlining to reach a cable to the rear lights. I'd also like to put a light in the inside of the (huge) tailgate as some cars have to help with loading outside. Would this be easy to do (again, probably have to take of the tailgate inside trim).
Thanks
kevsussex

Re: Custom Tourneo Rear Heater Panel

Postby Camper steve » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:54 pm

for the kit i put in the back of my tourneo i tapped into the wiring on the back of the rear cigarette lighter.
Wasn't for lights (water pump) but comes live with the dashboard and has a 30 second hold on timer when you lock the van.
You can put the light on the driver side rear bulkhead rather than the tailgate and this will also stop your cabling getting snapped through repeated tailgate opening.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Custom Tourneo Rear Heater Panel

Postby Camper steve » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Camper steve wrote:for the kit i put in the back of my tourneo i tapped into the wiring on the back of the rear cigarette lighter.
Wasn't for lights (water pump) but comes live with the dashboard and has a 30 second hold on timer when you lock the van.
You can put the light on the driver side rear bulkhead rather than the tailgate and this will also stop your cabling getting snapped through repeated tailgate opening.

you could try taking the lighter wiring tap and run it to something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maypole-PIR- ... Swwzla3I-g

or use this and use your own light
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Automati ... 1udRybW0fQ

i would mount the PIR part so its low and looking at the rear barn door so its not looking out the window. this should stop it form triggering while you are driving and randomly switching the light on,
but still come on when you open the rear barn door.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom