*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom rear door deadlocked

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom rear door deadlocked

Postby Tonka2 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:00 am

Hi new to this forum so please bear with me,fitted dead lock on side sliding door and damaged wiring harness in rear Colum no broken cable ,but wire exposed repaired harness ,BUT now rear doors are deadlocked and will not open with remote or manually, every thing else is working fine,have searched for blown fuse but can not identify which one . HELP PLEASE
Tonka2

Re: Custom rear door deadlocked

Postby BHM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:26 pm

This is for a 14 plate side load doors.....as you weren't very specific.

side door lock.png

BHM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby woodbutcherbower » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:48 pm

??? I have retrofitted deadlocks to side & rear doors but they are mechanical i.e. they have a totally separate key and aren’t connected to the van’s electrical system in any way. What have you fitted exactly?
woodbutcherbower
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Tonka2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi guys all sorted now thanks to friend of a friend ,I had fitted a mortice dead lock on side door but damaged harness in box section when i fitted keep. .since opening rear doors have now fitted mortice deadlock on rear doors , and a hykee on drivers door ,[all mechanical operated with key[ things you have to do. :D
Thanks for your help much appreciated
Tonka2

Return to Transit Custom