*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Radio Removal Tourneo Custom Sub Install

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Radio Removal Tourneo Custom Sub Install

Postby amsie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi all,

I've read the forum regarding radio removal, but can't find any posts with a similar setup to mine. Does anyone know if the removal procedure is the same? i.e. pop the top off. I've attached a couple of photos to show my radio and parking sensor setup. I want to add a Sub under the passenger seats so want to connect to the speaker wires behind the radio.

TIA,

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amsie

Re: Radio Removal Tourneo Custom Sub Install

Postby 6waysforward » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 am

Yes as you've said, you pull the top straight up.
Then you will see 2 torx screws, undo those and prize the front faceplate of the stereo away from the top first. Be careful as the back of the faceplate can be sharp in places. It has a ribbon cable attaching it to the stereo. Remove that and then it's 4 screws to take the stereo out.
There is a video on the tube. Good luck.
6waysforward

Re: Radio Removal Tourneo Custom Sub Install

Postby amsie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:38 pm

6waysforward wrote:Yes as you've said, you pull the top straight up.
Then you will see 2 torx screws, undo those and prize the front faceplate of the stereo away from the top first. Be careful as the back of the faceplate can be sharp in places. It has a ribbon cable attaching it to the stereo. Remove that and then it's 4 screws to take the stereo out.
There is a video on the tube. Good luck.

Thanks for the help. Popped straight off just like you said.
amsie

Return to Transit Custom