*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Cam bèlt snapped on 2016 2.0 130 ps help

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Cam bèlt snapped on 2016 2.0 130 ps help

Postby Jay83 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:52 am

Sorry first post on any forum
So i brought custom tourneo new in 2016 with the 2.0 130ps engine which proved to be the worst purchase of my life nothing but issues since new has been off road due to alternator issues adblue issues engine oil light was constantly on for first 9 months untill they done update and recently timing belt snapped now ford are refusing to do work as i was 1000 miles over my service car has only done 37000 miles and ive paid for my next two services upfront so not like im not maintaining car.
Question is ive read of some other owners where timing gear has failed and wanted some more info please sorry for the rant.
Jay83

Re: Cam bèlt snapped on 2016 2.0 130 ps help

Postby karl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 pm

on a belt :shock:

not had a good look in these to litre engine yet but looks like i need to get the info out on these.

i hope its not one of those stupid wet belt things that they did to the connect that break up of the years being dowsed in oil every day :(
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:32 pm

The dealer is just being a pillock.Contact Ford customer services https://www.ford.co.uk/useful-information/contact-us I doubt the belt change interval is 36k and I also doubt the dealer would check the belt on a service anyhow.Fight you corner and or contact a solictor if all else fails .
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm

karl wrote:on a belt :shock:

not had a good look in these to litre engine yet but looks like i need to get the info out on these.

i hope its not one of those stupid wet belt things that they did to the connect that break up of the years being dowsed in oil every day :(

Yes. They have "belt in oil" that drive cams & also oil pump :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby karl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:42 pm

paul2012 wrote:

ffs what is the change intervals for these.

am asking as i have one to look after and its already touched 40,000 miles and in use everyday its a 17 plate :(
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby paul2012 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:20 am

karl wrote:
paul2012 wrote:

ffs what is the change intervals for these.

am asking as i have one to look after and its already touched 40,000 miles and in use everyday its a 17 plate :(

Ford states....

Camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idlers - Every 144 000 miles/10 years - Renew
Auxiliary drive belts - Every 144 000 miles/10 years - Renew - Front Belt - more often under severe duty conditions

service.jpg

Here's the Timing kit for 2.0 engines (Engine codes - YLFS, YMFS, YNFS, YLF6, YMF6, YNF6, YLR6, YMR6 & YNR6) :arrow: https://www.lasertools.co.uk/product/7323

inst.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Hirdy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:56 am

Hi Jay and the rest of the forum. Also new to site and to be honest I didn't think I'd ever have to join a forum regarding faults with a Ford, but here I find myself.

I bought a 2016, 2litre custom transit limited with 90k and full history in Aug 2019 with 2mths warranty on it. Just over a 1000 miles after buying van and 59 days out of warranty, the timing belt tensioner failed end of November 2019. This is not a serviceable part and the belt didn't need replacing for another 54k miles or nearly 7 years, which ever came sooner. Same designs yours Jay, belt in a bath of oil and I also believe the tensioner does not have any bearings but is fixed, could be wrong about bearing.

I contacted Ford customer relations (freaking joke that title) to discuss the failure of a vital engine part. Many valuable hours of my life disappeared listening to torrid hold music only to find my case manager was away as often as she was there. It has been determined that only the head and valves have been damaged, I was hoping the valves and pistons had destroyed engine (bloody glad it didn't now). Ford have made a take it or leave it goodwill gesture to pay 40% of repair bill. It has taken them nearly 2 months to come to this decision and eventually receive a courtesy van.

This leaves me with a bill of £1500 (was going to be £2800 before Lookers helped on price I'm paying, cheers lads I truly appreciate the help) plus my loss of earnings having no van, then Ford's design fault and unwillingness to accept full responsibility has cost me over 8k.

I'm not prepared to leave this but I need my van so agreed to repairs. I intend to take this further and try to claim loss of earnings too (right over the christmas period and being unable work, nice long xmas break though). So any help, advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated with my next steps.

Very disappointed with Ford and gutted now i got rid on my vw t5, i guess we all live and learn. Didn't think it would take a bloody good kicking from Ford to get my education and learn that Ford are no longer the backbone of working Britain. Cheers in advance for any support you lads can give.

Cheers Hirdy
Hirdy

Return to Transit Custom