*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New van time

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

New van time

Postby Dementinator » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 pm

WEll, the new van is supposed to finally arrive on Tuesday, a 280 L1H1 170PS Auto Limited with several option packs, adaptive cruise, blind spot etc...
While getting details for Insurance via Etis, its seems its a new 213PS model?????? should be fun, that's if it hasn't already gone bang!! I guess Etis is having an eppy for some reason.

The old one, a 2015 Ltd L1H1 155Ps with back up camera etc, will be going back to Bolton if anyone wants a very tidy van in excellent order that's only had light work, 50,000 on clock, full main dealer history and all services inc interim done, new front Pads only ever had BP ultimate Diesel used, cab like new as is load area.
Will be going to First Step this week.

Looking forward to trying the auto, hope its a decent box!!
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: New van time

Postby richbee » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 am

Enjoy your new toy :D
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby TransitL0ver » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:19 pm

We're waiting for some photos! :D
I'm Ford Transit Lover! Every generation - from MK1 to MK8!
I even have my own FACEBOOK FANPAGE which brings together lovers Ford!
Come and join!
TransitL0ver
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Dementinator » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Will get some up tomorrow... it only arrived a few hours ago, very pleased with it so far...
love the auto box, pretty smooth and it sure shifts...no lag like the previous 155ps van.
Got to get used to the bloody stop start business, thought it had conked out at first! didn't know it came as standard, although you can turn it off.

I just hope it turns out to be as reliable as BD15 the previous van, theres just so much stuff on them these days its a wonder anything works at all!!
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dementinator » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm

A few pics of the new toy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cuemanlew » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 pm

very nice 8)
I have owned a Transit since time began....
cuemanlew
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Little lofty » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:13 am

Looks good. What do you think of the auto? I’m thinking of changing my manual sport for an auto, I’ll probaly go for a limited this time though as prices seem to have shot up since buying two years ago.
Little lofty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dementinator » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Little lofty wrote:Looks good. What do you think of the auto? I’m thinking of changing my manual sport for an auto, I’ll probaly go for a limited this time though as prices seem to have shot up since buying two years ago.

So far I am loving the auto, seems responsive, no silly changes thus far, stops my left leg going up and down like a prostitutes knickers, makes driving, esp in cities etc much more relaxing.
They really have improved an already great van, welcome back grab handles at the top of the door, love the 3 way setting on the heated seats, so no more "Cold as hell" or "arse on fire" as per the older ones.
New engine, the 170ps version goes like feaces off an earth relocator, no delay like the old 155ps 2.2L unit, also seems very quiet.
Okay, putting pigs wee in it every so often will be a pain, but that's the price with all diesels now..
Stereo sounds great, android auto works brilliantly.
My only gripe is I am struggling to get used to bleeding stop start, I keep forgetting to turn it off, shame it cant be switched off and left off...…

All in all, very pleased...
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom