*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Service engine now/ DPF issue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Service engine now/ DPF issue

Postby Pearcy84 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi gents, new on here so first things first hi All hope you are all well.

Sorry for starting with a massive post but thought I’d get it out in one hit!!

Recently had my van at dealers all faily standard stuff, was going in for side door saying open when not and the good ole numbers coming off the gearstick...... again! All under warranty so not to bothered!
Was told I needed New brakes on back even though I hadn’t had a warning light and asked them to do a re alignment as hit the mother of all pot holes popping two tyres which they managed to balls up resulting in the van going back in twice that was never rectified.... was told I needed a new tyre which I eventually did and made no difference.
Front brakes I was told are ok but will need doing soon, 200 mile later brake light came on!??

Not that bothered about either of these things but am interested if I have grounds to have a moan as could really do without the van going back in as it would be the fourth time in a month that they’ve had the van and it costs me money to be off the road!??

So after a few more miles my service engine now light came on quickly followed by exhaust filter almost full light.did a long 100mile journey and Have kept driving it but doesn’t seem to clear I jump in the van and it now shows a red service light after a few miles it goes out but every time I jump in and start her up again it lights up red??? Now the EML light is on but the van is running as normal NO limp mode!! I’m baffled.

Spoke to the dealer to get booked in and was advised I had to wait two weeks but he reckons the engine light was due to it unlikely being turned off after the 60000 mile service!!

I recently fitted a tow bar that was specific electrics but haven’t had the van flashed for all the features of the tow bar PDF turn off etc. And I’m also running a alloy without the tyre pressure sensor in as wanted to prove the dealers wrong RE wheel alignment/tyre BS. the tow bar works with no issues and I would say these faults occurred a good 2 weeks after fitting

Does anyone have any experience with these issue occurring at once? Could it be a faulty temp sensor!? Don’t all take the piss at once but I’m driving a 2016 sport!!

Your help would be massively appreciated! Got nightmares of having to spend weeks of the road with techs trying to find a fault!

Thanks
Pearcy84

Return to Transit Custom