*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Limit on forced/static regens?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Limit on forced/static regens?

Postby yelsac » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Anyone know if there is a limit to how many forced/static regenerations that can be done on the dpf?
yelsac
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Limit on forced/static regens?

Postby Nederbelg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:45 pm

The question is: how many forced regens will the motor survive (especially the fuel injektors). 30 to 40 min. of 3500 Rpm with virtually no load doesn't do the engine any good.......

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby glenandemm » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm

When I first got my forscan I did 3 in a row lol, everytime it kept bringing the soot level down but after a week of driving around town it was back up again I wouldn’t advise it like others said.
Everything gets extremely hot although they got quicker each time and after the first 40 mins regen the next two was 15-20 mins.
I think one regen takes you near enough so I’d stick to that
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby yelsac » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:28 pm

glenandemm wrote:When I first got my forscan I did 3 in a row lol, everytime it kept bringing the soot level down but after a week of driving around town it was back up again I wouldn’t advise it like others said.
Everything gets extremely hot although they got quicker each time and after the first 40 mins regen the next two was 15-20 mins.
I think one regen takes you near enough so I’d stick to that

Thanks for the replys
I didn't mean doing more than one in one go, I really meant how many can you do in the lifespan of the dpf?
yelsac
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Nederbelg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:13 pm

The temperature of the DPF during regeneration is monitored and regulated between very narrow limits. I don't think the DPF gets hotter during a forced regen as in a normal regen. So from the DPF's point of view, there would be no limits on how often you can staticly regenerate, i presume.

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby glenandemm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:28 am

I don’t think it matters how many you do pal but it’s the ash levels that get left behind that matters I believe
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby paul2012 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:45 pm

glenandemm wrote:I don’t think it matters how many you do pal but it’s the ash levels that get left behind that matters I believe

Correct after every DPF regen, Ash is left behind as a byproduct - This builds up over time eventually filling up the can. Leading to DPF replacement or if possible, removed to be clean professionally.

On Later Customs - Euro 6 with Addblu. They are not fitted with a standard DPF. There's a SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) CAT fitted directly behind DPF in the same can :!:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Custom