*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Whining noise from steering wheel. Had this issue? Worth it?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Whining noise from steering wheel. Had this issue? Worth it?

Postby sezyal » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:39 pm

I have a whining noise from my 2014 Custom and looks like its steering pump. part listed for me was 6C113A674AChttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pump-1534806 ... 1823442089
Also there is knocking noise when you move steering wheel. Dealer advised to change steering rack which has part number gk31 3200 ae. I couldn't find it online. Both with the pump for a hefty dealer price tag. Like 4x the price on ebay.

I only had 120K KMs on this car. One careful driver and not loaded/abused at all. I am worried issues like this will follow.
Just wanted to know if you had a similar issue and will this worth replacing it? Dealer is asking a lot of money and I can get it replaced somewhere else. Or I can sell it and buy a Toyota if I will have similar issues in coming months.

Let me know what you think as a personal experience.
2014 Tourneo Custom 155 SWB Titanium Plus
Stratosphere Blue
+18" Sport Wheels
+HID Kit
sezyal
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Whining noise from steering wheel. Had this issue? Worth

Postby sezyal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Update:
I went to another mechanic which is not an authorized Ford Otosan repair guy. He found a crack on steering fluid container and replaced it. Then problem solved. There was air in the system.
After fixing it and with fresh fluid, bubbles came out slowly as we turn steering.
No whining, no issues.

So stupid Ford dealer. They don't know anything about the car.
2014 Tourneo Custom 155 SWB Titanium Plus
Stratosphere Blue
+18" Sport Wheels
+HID Kit
sezyal
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom