*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Locknut replacememt

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Locknut replacememt

Postby wizkid2003 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi all.
Quick word on the locknut on the Tourneo Custom.
You know the ones,where the disc spins around and you can't hammer on anything etc etc.
Ok....here's the deal if you don't wanna risk ruining the alloys by hammering/chiseling.
They are not a Ford locknut (surprise surprise). They are by a German company called McGard,as I found out when I had the unfortunate experience of having to hammer one off after a puncture and a $%&#ed up locknut key.
But help is at hand.
McGard will happily send you over a replacement even if you don't have the serial no (or whatever number was on the little bag that your locknut key came in).
What you need to do is take a photo of the nut on your wheel (exactly level with it),a photo of your vehicle reg cert and a copy of your licence and email it all to them.
I....(for the princely sum of 36euro....18 if you don't want it next day) had a replacement the next day at 1pm!!!!
No hammers...No ruined alloys and all lock nuts off.(I don't have an issue where I am ,with potential alloy theft).
Hope this helps.
wizkid2003

Return to Transit Custom