*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit custom recall

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit custom recall

Postby long van man » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi guys. I took my transit in today for the recalls on the parking censors/ oil dilution/ Ecu flash/ dipstick replacement :lol: :lol: any way my question is when I checked the oil and oil filter I noticed that they haven’t been replaced. so I go back in and ask why new oil and filter was not required and the guy says that ford have told them just to top the oil up and not replace. So my question is do you think it will be ok with the old diluted oil still in the engine or should I change it myself. Vans done just over 4000 miles Cheers.
long van man
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Transit custom recall

Postby wild camper » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:43 pm

I’ve had the “oil dilution “ recall done, there was no written detail and trying to get information was like extracting teeth
I was told it was 18b14 oil dilution, PCM Recalibration
I marked the dipstick before I took it in so I could check if it was replaced, it wasn’t but they didn’t claim they had
They said the oil & filter was changed but when I checked the filter hadn’t been changed but the oil was so clean that I panicked when I saw the dipstick, I thought there was no oil in the sump!
I challenged them about the filter and was told it was their error, there is no filter change authorised
I’ll check up on the other recalls you mentioned
wild camper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby long van man » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Update. My injectors have now failed and need replacement :(
long van man
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby FJ111200 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:17 pm

long van man wrote:or should I change it myself. Vans done just over 4000 miles Cheers.

You can change the oil and filter/s yourself as Ford say they are consumable items and doing so will not affect your warranty. I've done it myself a few times on a 2016 Custom and Ford have told me it's ok. Check your warranty book if you don't believe me.
:idea: :lol: :roll:
FJ111200
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby long van man » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:45 pm

FJ111200 wrote:
long van man wrote:or should I change it myself. Vans done just over 4000 miles Cheers.

You can change the oil and filter/s yourself as Ford say they are consumable items and doing so will not affect your warranty. I've done it myself a few times on a 2016 Custom and Ford have told me it's ok. Check your warranty book if you don't believe me.

Thanks for the info :D
long van man
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom